FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe Halo has a tri-rail, but I thought magazineparts was coming out with one as well? Is there any chance it will be under $100? :lol:

I'm thinking about getting some type of aftermarket optic for the PS90, but it can't be too high over the bore. as-is, I'm barely missing the range structure at 25 yd...

·
Registered
34 Posts
metroplex said:
I believe Halo has a tri-rail, but I thought magazineparts was coming out with one as well? Is there any chance it will be under $100? :lol:

I'm thinking about getting some type of aftermarket optic for the PS90, but it can't be too high over the bore. as-is, I'm barely missing the range structure at 25 yd...
After checking HALO, Gunbroker and a number of other sites....you, like me are out of luck. They are all expen$ive for now. Hopefully the price will drop soon. I'm still smarting over the $35.00 + $6.00 shipping for a 1oz front sling loop so I can put a sling on the PS90. $35.00 seems a bit much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How about a $23 weaver mount (not as pretty as a rail mount, but works)

OK. I have one of the airsoft metal p90's. Had to get it, while waiting on the real deal.

Anyway, I picked up a K2 mount that works perfect on the ps90.
My digital camera is out on vacation with the inlaws, so I found a link to the mount I am talking about.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=K2-SMB-P90_cat_Mount Base

A little blue locktite and the sight has held zero through 1000 round test.

(Sorry, copy and pasted my post from another board)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Broken link there, man. Give us a better link. I know the whole airsoft deal. I've got two airsoft mounts on my guns. One on my HK-93 (the damn claw mount is too damn high) and one on my MP5. Neither has budged after a thousand rounds or so. These mounts were the copies of the B&T mounts.
I'm interested to see the Airsoft ripoffs of the quad mounts. If they work just as good, hell...I'll use one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lord Skeletor said:
metroplex said:

After checking HALO, They are all expen$ive for now. Hopefully the price will drop soon.
If you work for a PD send us a card or email from the office, we may do a LEO discount. The price wont drop any time soon. FNH told us " your selling them too cheap". Besides quality costs. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Halo Mfg said:
Lord Skeletor said:
metroplex said:

After checking HALO, They are all expen$ive for now. Hopefully the price will drop soon.
If you work for a PD send us a card or email from the office, we may do a LEO discount. The price wont drop any time soon. FNH told us " your selling them too cheap". Besides quality costs. :)
Hehehe---I can get get you proof of employment easily enough---however; if you have the time, PM me and I can call you or something. I am so friggin' pissed with my PS90's optical sight, I can't wait to ditch it for something else....I was looking at that Spectre DR; it looks pretty hot! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
metroplex said:
What's the ballpark price for the Halo tri-rail?
They are $169.99. They are one piece extruded 6061T6 aluminum and CNC'd, then Hard Coat Anodized. One top Rail, and two sides.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any chance a less expensive single rail can be manufactured? Or does the Tri-Rail use the side mounts as the main installation points?

·
Registered
5 Posts
metroplex said:
Is there any chance a less expensive single rail can be manufactured? Or does the Tri-Rail use the side mounts as the main installation points?
Exactly. Besides there is already a USG rail that CMMG keeps in stock.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Halo Mfg said:
The price wont drop any time soon. FNH told us " your selling them too cheap". Besides quality costs. :)
I'm surprised that FN would meddle with free enterprise.

A. Their reflex sight belongs on an airsoft
B. They don't keep stock on any accessories
C. Their accessories - when there are any - ARE OVERPRICED!

So then they wonder why third party manufacturers come along and make stuff? Are they not making a killing by selling us a $500.00 weapon for 3x the amount? I thought so.

Your Product is reasonably priced given the block of aluminum, amount of CNC time and finish work. Plus, you need to recoup your R&D. And, it is NOT made in China ... and that is worth my money right there.

Keep em coming HALO.

-TH

·
Registered
569 Posts
metroplex said:
Has anyone received the Magazineparts optics rail yet?
Mine will be arriving today or tomorrow, will post back then.
Tomac

1 - 13 of 13 Posts