FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone on here had a first hand experience with the Optisan Prestige 6z 1-6x24?

If you have purchased this optic and mounted it on a tactical rifle such as a SCAR or AR platform. Could you please give a brief or detailed review of the pros and cons!! PLEASE :smile:

Questions everyone would like to know: Does it hold zero? How is the clarity from end to end? How do the turrets feel when turning? one piece scope quality 1-10? Glass quality 1-10? Overall quality 1-10?

I'm just curious about it. Probably am not going to buy. however, a good review would tempt me to purchase for a second rifle. I Wouldn't use it for my main comp. rifle though.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I cannot say about the 1-6x. But I have the Optisan Mamba 1-4x.

Zero: I've used it on both 5.56, 300 BLK and (now) .308 and had no issues with a wandering zero; it boxes and tracks accurately. 9/10

Clarity: Overall the clarity is good, with a slight blue tint to the glass. There is some fuzziness/distortion at the edges of the scope. 7/10

Turrets: Poor. The turrets turn without an audible click and provide no tactile sensation as you adjust them. The turrets on mine are graduated in 1/4 MOA increments. 2/10

Value: The cost of this particular model was around $100. For the money, it's a very good recreational scope with the caveats about the turrets considered. 8/10

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LebbenB : thanks for the info. From what I have read the prestige is their best quality optic they offer. It's around 500 usd. Hopefully for the extra money it's much better than the mamba.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts