FN Herstal Firearms banner

Order a few things for the SCAR, cant wait

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  lizad63 
#1 ·
Monday my SCAR comes in the mail to my FFL, just ordered a Magpul MS4 sling, PMM rear QD mount, 2 Magpul Emags,2 Gen 3 Pmags and modifying my current 5 Gen 2 Pmags, AAC 51T MITER Flash,Magpul XTM Enhanced Rail Panels FDE,Magpul Ranger Plates, Pelican 1700 case in tan and throwing my EOTech 553 Tan and Tango Down front grip on it. Then sending my barrel to Marvin to have cut down to 14.1 and perm attach my Flash. I've got 600rds of Federal XM855 waiting to be fired :)

Trying to think of anything else I might need, the guy I bought the SCAR from said he included the stock and a after market charging handle (not sure on the brand)

#3 ·
Sadly I just moved to Iowa from TX and Iowa doesnt allow any NFA stuff. I had bought a 10.3 inch MK18 upper to turn it into a SBR but Im stuck here in IA for school for the next 3 years so I have to turn it into a pistol. As soon as I head back to Texas I plan on getting a 10 inch barrel for the SCAR and SBRing it along with getting a suppressor.

#4 ·
I feel your pain, my tracking number says it should make it to my FFL by end of day Tuesday. I already had plenty of mags from my Colt LE6920 (Never Enough), waiting for my rifle to get home before I modify any of my PMAGS (I have gen 2 & 3's). Already received my Tango Down BG17 grip and Rail Grips (4.5 & 6"). I went with the Aimpoint CompM4s for optics, I already run the Pro on my Colt and have had no complaints so I figured stick to what I know. It also looks pretty Bad-Ass to boot. I'm still on the fence with the E.A.C.H charger or the I.W.C charger, I'll wait until I get a few rounds down range to see what my needs will be. The only reason I jumped the gun on the pistol grip, when I held one in the store I was impressed with the factory grip. More than likely I'll go with the VCAS sling once I choose a QD sling mount. Good luck with the new rifle and keep us posted.

Reactions: INFIDEL SF
#5 ·
Thanks! Yeah it pisses me off because my tracking said FEDEX got it yesterday here in town at 7am. But was put inside the truck and will be delivered on Monday. I dont get what the big deal is, if they got the package why not deliver it instead of waiting till monday. I might have to check out the Tango Down BG17, I thought about modifying a Magpul MIAD but seems like too much work.

#6 ·
It's been my experience that the Gen 2 PMags don't need any modification to run or drop free. Even my old trusty Gen 1's work great but they won't drop free. However they do work great for range mags. Can't wait to see photos and which charging handle you get with it. There are a lot of great charging handles out there but Sarge's EACH is the best.

#8 ·
I went with the TD BG17 because it came very highly recommended on the forum, I have the Magpul on my colt and really like it. I saw a really good post on here about checking your mags ( http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-1...mags-especially-pmags-but-check-all-mags.html ) and I figure the safest route to go is check them all one by one. I'm curious too see how the H&K mags I picked up over the holiday work in the Scar, I picked them up when I was leaning toward picking up a Tavor. Captain_Bob I will be posting pics of everything as it moves along, as I said early i want to get her on the range to get a good idea of what changes I need to make. Sarge's E.A.C.H. has nothing but excellent reviews and is the more likely choice on reputation alone.

This review alone is a great selling point!

Reactions: STL and INFIDEL SF
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.