FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I ordered a 509 LS Edge. After a little reading about the 509 Tactical, I also "pulled the trigger" on one of those. I was told that the guns will arrive in october and thought that it would be an easy wait. Not true.. Searching through every gunstore and for sale ad, I finally found an FNX-45 Tactical in FDE with a suppressor and I called and asked if I could take a look at the gun. I was welcome to do so, so I did. WHAT A MASTERPIECE!! Instant love. So, my first own FN turned out to be this:
Product Sleeve Material property Bag Tints and shades

·
Premium Member
8,913 Posts
Yes, it is a ton of fun. With todays ammunition-prices, this tool has the power to bankrupt. It’s hard to stop shooting it😄
Be thankful it's not full auto, that's like throwing money downrange at high speed...

Reactions: KAM

·
Registered
937 Posts
Congrats! It's a fun one to shoot. Even moreso with the 460 Rowland conversion. @FN47 can attest to this.
Sure can! 460Rowland and Underwood make ammo, but it's also easy to load. Starline sells fresh brass and I have enough for a lifetime. The cartridge uses the same bullets as your 45acp, just pushes them a Lot harder. The conversion is very accurate; does about as well as I can with the combat sights on it at 25 yards. People who shoot it, Want it! It'z not an IWB gun with the conversion though due to the large (and necessary) compensator. The comp keeps the 2.5X muzzle energy cartridge from slowly pulling the gun apart. Mine is still very tight.

Reactions: KAM and Gray_Ghost

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure can! 460Rowland and Underwood make ammo, but it's also easy to load. Starline sells fresh brass and I have enough for a lifetime. The cartridge uses the same bullets as your 45acp, just pushes them a Lot harder. The conversion is very accurate; does about as well as I can with the combat sights on it at 25 yards. People who shoot it, Want it! It'z not an IWB gun with the conversion though due to the large (and necessary) compensator. The comp keeps the 2.5X muzzle energy cartridge from slowly pulling the gun apart. Mine is still very tight.
Wow! This is definitely a must have! Next level stuff👍🏻 If a gun is up to such a task, it has to be the FNX. It’s built like a rock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations and enjoy your new FNX-45 Tactical. I have the 509 Tactical and really love it.

Ferret33
I am still waiting for my 509 Tactical. If it is as good as the FNX, I’m afraid my Glocks will not see much range time anymore.

·
Registered
105 Posts
IMHO, it’s as good as the Fnx45, i do have both the 509T in FDE and the FNX45 IN black. I just recently acquired another 509T in black.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IMHO, it’s as good as the Fnx45, i do have both the 509T in FDE and the FNX45 IN black. I just recently acquired another 509T in black.
I ordered the FDE version, but find myself looking at the black one, a lot. Most guns I have from before are black and I really liked the FDE SCAR, that was my weird reasoning for ordering it in FDE. Looking forward to receiving it, hopefully in October.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered the FDE version, but find myself looking at the black one, a lot. Most guns I have from before are black and I really liked the FDE SCAR, that was my weird reasoning for ordering it in FDE. Looking forward to receiving it, hopefully in October.
KAM, i noticed you removed the backstrap and handle grips and replaced with what looks like Rhino Lining Spray? Not sure, but i would be very interested in how this was accomplished as my arthritis is not allowing me to shoot with my current backstrap (tried all three) and factory grip. Hate to sell the pistol and your configuration looks like it might do the trick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KAM, i noticed you removed the backstrap and handle grips and replaced with what looks like Rhino Lining Spray? Not sure, but i would be very interested in how this was accomplished as my arthritis is not allowing me to shoot with my current backstrap (tried all three) and factory grip. Hate to sell the pistol and your configuration looks like it might do the trick.
I am afraid it’s just ordinary Talon gun grip tape. The first owner of this gun taped it with this tape. When he taped it, he had the large backstrap installed, so I cut it to install the aggressive slim one. The slim one gives me a better grip on the gun a lot easier. It also gives me enough grip to squeeze of a double action shot without the sights moving. This jewel feels way too big with the palmswell installed. I’m sorry I couldn’t provide a better solution for you, Sir or Madam. Anyway, if you have not tried the Talon grip, I believe it’s worth a shot (or two… pun intended). After I bought this gun with this tape on, I also bought similar tape for my Glock 19. Works wonders, I can now shoot my Glock 19 in competitions👍🏻

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am afraid it’s just ordinary Talon gun grip tape. The first owner of this gun taped it with this tape. When he taped it, he had the large backstrap installed, so I cut it to install the aggressive slim one. The slim one gives me a better grip on the gun a lot easier. It also gives me enough grip to squeeze of a double action shot without the sights moving. This jewel feels way too big with the palmswell installed. I’m sorry I couldn’t provide a better solution for you, Sir or Madam. Anyway, if you have not tried the Talon grip, I believe it’s worth a shot (or two… pun intended). After I bought this gun with this tape on, I also bought similar tape for my Glock 19. Works wonders, I can now shoot my Glock 19 in competitions👍🏻
Thanks for letting me know. I'd like to replace the entire handle/grip with Pack Meyer (sp) I'm going to go with your suggestion and get the Talon Grip. Greatly appreciate you getting back with me!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks for letting me know. I'd like to replace the entire handle/grip with Pack Meyer (sp) I'm going to go with your suggestion and get the Talon Grip. Greatly appreciate you getting back with me!
I hope it will do you good. Anyway it goes, that gun is a jewel, if only to behold.
Yours
K. A. Midtsian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts