FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I have posted on this board. I do have a FNP 40 & 45 so I am very familiar with the FN series of pistols. Had been considering the FNS or the Sig P320 compact, but when I handled both at my LGS today, the FNS just seemed to fit the hand and even the arthritic trigger finger felt at home with the trigger system. Since the only model in stock had plain sights, they are tracking down one with NS and a thumb safety. I know a lot of folks don't like a thumb safety these days, but for years I carried a 1911 and feel at home with them. Also, it is there to use or not use as well. Will follow up later when I bring it home and put a few hundred rounds through it.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems every gun mag on the stand this month has a FNS compact story and cover shot. I'm planning on getting one for me and one for my wife next month. All the media coverage, I figured it might be hard to locate in stock. My wife is still young but has arthritis in her gun hand, what about the trigger helped you? The short stroke?
As strange as it may seem, I had not seen the G&A article on the FNS compacts even though I get G&A with their app. What I like about the FNS & trigger is the fine ergonomics of the grip and placement of the trigger and it's short stroke. My trigger finger second joint it really messed up with OA and dings encountered in the Army & sports. Some days it is only about 30% functional in terms of closing and grasping, but it had no trouble operating the FNS. Not nearly as functional with the P320C and I didn't care for its grip. The arthtitis has and is limiting me in choice of handguns these days and I'll probably be trading in my PM9 and P380 in the future because I can't properly operate their long triggers.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Think you would have to contact individual dealers to see if they are in the program. There is a dealer near me who is part of the program and they were selling a FNSc LEO model w/NS for about $550.00 and I though that was a bit high. I'll let you know what I paid after I pick it up next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.