FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't go ALL OUT, but I did prepay on a Bushmaster BA50 rifle.

30" barrel and 30 pounds of BMG sweetness. It should be here in less than two weeks.

10 round detachable mag, bolt action. Now I want a suppressor for it :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Schweeet!

What ranges do you plan to shoot with it?

I still have the hots for a little Remington 270 Limited Edition in 260Rem.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm going to need some pictures to drool over. So just make sure you post some when you pick it up! 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had a BA-50 for a few months now. Been using Barret's M33 ball ammo in it and the accuracy hasnt been impressive at all. I have only shot it out to 600 yards though. I need to start some handloading for it and see if accuracy improves. Just for grins I shot it at 100yds yesterday and it threw 5 shots into about 4 1/2" :cry: Yeah it's fun to shoot , recoil isnt bad, but the trigger needs ALOT of work. I was expecting more but time will tell.

Leupold Mark 4 8.5x25 LR/T M1 mil-dot sitting in Badger Max-50 rings.

A 223 AR-15 Varminter for comparison

50 BMG, 375 H&H,308 Win, 223 Rem, 17 HMR for comparison

The business end.......

I have posted this one before, LR Plinkers....

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
WOW....Some really sick rifles!! Is the green one a Sako(sp) 300 win mag?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Is that gun your concealed carry gun? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bwah ha ha ha ha. IWB holster for sure....

doubleA's picture gives me an idea. It might be fun to put Obamas face in all kinds of situations shooting a gun. Make a great xmas card for sure...

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I'd like to get an Accuracy International Artic Warfare in .338 Lapua. Only problem, I'll have to wait Several years to save up enough money for one. I'd like to start getting into long range rifles, but it'll have to wait a few years. I'm only 21, so I suppose my FNP-9 will hold me over for a year before I get a bolt .308. I still have some time to build up a nice collection, but I really don't want to wait. I want them now.

On a side note, anyone have/shot a Barrett .416 or Cheytac .408?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
djv38 said:
I'd like to get an Accuracy International Artic Warfare in .338 Lapua. Only problem, I'll have to wait Several years to save up enough money for one. I'd like to start getting into long range rifles, but it'll have to wait a few years. I'm only 21, so I suppose my FNP-9 will hold me over for a year before I get a bolt .308. I still have some time to build up a nice collection, but I really don't want to wait. I want them now.

On a side note, anyone have/shot a Barrett .416 or Cheytac .408?
I just saw those AI rifles on the Military channel, cool stuff.

Btw you see how much the .338 Lapua ammo cost, I knew it would be pricey but I was surprised. Its right up there with 50 Bmg

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I'm not terribly surprised. It's relatively new and was specifically designed for sniping. Lapua might be the only manufacturer (not sure of this) of it due to patents, so that will drive the price up until there is a competive field to choose from. Also, the .338 is fairly rare, but it is picking up popularity. If it starts to become realy popular, the price might come down, but I doubt it. The British snipers seem to really like it though (then again, they aren't paying for it :-D )

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
THATS JUST SEX!! COVER UP THOSE LADIES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Drool.....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet pictures, and I look forward to taking my own!

I'm used to crappy triggers, so it's probably better than most of my other non-ar guns.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The green rifle on top is a Sako TRG42 in 338 Lapua. Very nice shooting rig. The stock and trigger are very much adjustable. I started shooting without the brake but shooting prone was just painfull so I installed the brake.

As far as prices go, the Lapua brand 338 brass is right at $2.50 a pop and the Hornady 50 cal A-Max bullet is right at $2.00 a piece. Shooting either one is like pouring out a gallon a gas for each shot :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
I'd get a Tactical Rifle M40 in 325 WSM for my long range rifle :twisted: . After that I might get a Surgeon rifle in .338 Lapua :twisted: :twisted: .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts