FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought it off grabagun for 265$, looking forward to shooting with it when I get home! I haven't even had the chance to see my 17S FDE yet but based off what you all are saying as this being one of the first main mod's to do, I had to get it for that price while it is available. Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to put in, I watched some walk through's and it doesn't look too complicated.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
It's pretty easy. The only mildly complicated part is aligning the disconnector with the trigger pin under pressure of both trigger and disconnector springs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Best upgrade money can buy in my opinion. Easy peasy to do. There are tons of detailed videos on the net as well that cover the process. Read the directions, take your time and dont force anything. If you have issues post them here and will help you out. Only issue I've seen on a couple of SCAR 17's and SCAR16's is sometimes you have to sand a few thousands off of either side of the trigger well slot in the polymer lower in order to get the trigger to clear properly.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
this is true and you can use a piece of trimmer line, qtip, toothpick to use as a slave pin to keep all the holes lined up. Just put the slave pin in, drop in the trigger and slide the pin through until the slave pin falls out.

It's pretty easy. The only mildly complicated part is aligning the disconnector with the trigger pin under pressure of both trigger and disconnector springs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good, thanks for the pointers! If I do run into any issues I'll definitely be PMing some of you for extra help, but I'll take my time with it and do it right...no need to rush. I think I'm done for now buying stuff for the SCAR but I know this is never the case.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Also, make sure you use the supplied grip screw. Good luck on the install. If I can do it...well, you know the rest.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
this is true and you can use a piece of trimmer line, qtip, toothpick to use as a slave pin to keep all the holes lined up. Just put the slave pin in, drop in the trigger and slide the pin through until the slave pin falls out.
Also, one can cut a small piece off the top of the ink tube from a cheap pen to use as a slave pin. Fits perfectly and is stiff enough to do the job.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Just bought it off grabagun for 265$, looking forward to shooting with it when I get home! I haven't even had the chance to see my 17S FDE yet but based off what you all are saying as this being one of the first main mod's to do, I had to get it for that price while it is available. Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to put in, I watched some walk through's and it doesn't look too complicated.
I just did the same.
Next:
  • Scope
  • Sling
  • Pistol Grip
  • Bipod

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did my trigger, not 30 minutes ago. I sat at my workbench with my laptop and this video
Done in 15 minutes, dead easy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just did the same.
Next:
  • Scope
  • Sling
  • Pistol Grip
  • Bipod
Already complete! It's all sitting at home waiting on me.

Scope-Trijicon TR20-2
Sling- Condor Cobra 1 point w/PMM QD
Pistol Grip-Hi-Desert Hogue Grip FDE
Bipod-Atlas Bipod

Hopefully this will be a good setup, can't wait to get home and put it all on and take it out. Just debating of on if I should even bother shooting the SCAR with the stock trigger or just drop in the Geiselle and head out to the desert. I'm more than likely going to shoot it stock first before I put in the Geiselle trigger, that way I can feel the difference and know that I'm getting my money's worth. Thanks for all the tips that will help me out, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is true...I was looking that the Gem-tech HVT-QD so I can use it on the AR15 I just picked up as well, but I still need to get that tax stamp x2 looking at getting an Osprey for my G21 and G27...definitely going put in for it once I'm home.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Reactions: t.monty07

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well I hope he sees this thread before he takes apart his trigger group. Looks like he ordered the wrong one. The one he has is for the FN16 and FN7.

Reactions: saltpinch

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Well I hope he sees this thread before he takes apart his trigger group. Looks like he ordered the wrong one. The one he has is for the FN16 and FN7.
Oh' snap!
The FN7 hit the market?

We've been waiting so long after hearing it's first press release.
FN7 MOD type-O.

Real operators use FN7 MOD type-O

·
Registered
841 Posts

Both "quick overview" and "details" says "GEISLE Super SCAR Trigger"

The title, as you point out, in the listing is obviously wrong/typo, they probably aren't meant to have two separate product listings in there and two separate prices, but I'm pretty confident saying that's the same Geisle Super Scar trigger at $265 (and separately listed at $311)

:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts