FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do - just for looks, I may end up buying a 2nd to make it look the same on each side. Not sure yet...

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've already got it on both my PS90's (left side only) and it's a great help when working the charging handle fast and/or wearing gloves.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tomac said:
I've already got it on both my PS90's (left side only) and it's a great help when working the charging handle fast and/or wearing gloves.
Tomac
It's picture time then :)

Show us!

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Tomac said:
Tomac
It's picture time then :)
Show us!
Here 'ya go, it's the only one I have at the moment showing the enlarged charging knob.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since I already have a flashlight mounted on the inside (left) side, I don't expect it will bother me at all.

·
Registered
569 Posts
SunsetSam said:
Tomac, does the extended handle ever get in the way?
I use the GearSector rig sling that attaches to the D-ring on the shoulder of my LBV so the PS90 hangs there when I transition to pistol. Worries about snagging on the LBV were a concern when using the extended charging knob but so far it hasn't snagged on anything.
Tomac

·
Registered
29 Posts
Extended Cocking Handle

I read your review, Shipwreck, and somehow it doesn't surprise me how quickly it became uncomfortable. Most things that come off the 3 or 9 o'clock position on a weapon usually create "snag" or "bump" or "scrap". As this weapon system was designed to actually be worn for extended periods of time (remember that the P90 is no longer than the width of an average man's shoulders), I'm sure during R&D the cocking handle was whittled down.
I haven't started training with the 90 yet, and I'm anticipating some fumbling when the combat gloves are put on (I went through 2 or 3 AR bolt release gadgets before I finally became comfortable slapping it wearing gloves).
Operationally, how have you used the handle on the 3 o'clock side? I ask because of how I was trained to operate the AK-family systems during mag changes while keeping the muzzle pointed downrange.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
U mean, how have I used it before now?

My right 1st finger usually looped around the stock knob and pulled it back.

I have held it a bit longer this evening - and I like the larger knob on the right side. I'll leave it there. It's not in the way there, since I am right handed. That's why I have my laser mounted on that side - so it won't be bumped off of its zero.

T

·
0 Posts
laser

Ship-- In looking at your poats and their references I notice two things. 1) what is that fuzzy velcro strip doing alongside the hand hold forward of the triger? 2)It appeaes there are several lazer vareations on mostly . p90's Any sources for thease "kits"--parts Tug

T

·
0 Posts
extended knob

Tomac, You apear to have a laser sight in your pic. Whare did you get it , who made it-etc. TUG :shock:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: extended knob

tug said:
Tomac, You apear to have a laser sight in your pic. Whare did you get it , who made it-etc. TUG :shock:
Thats the internal laser we talked about on the other thread. I believe he ordered the parts and had a smith do it for him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts