FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was trying to install my JudoChop charging handle and someone mentioned that you could use your OREA 892 tool. However I pulled mine out and it doesn't look a bit like anyone else's. Does anyone's tool look like mine?
I already called FNH and they said they were going to send me another one but I wanted to be sure before they send me another.
IMG_2731 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine looks exactly the same,and I couldn't figure out what was going on.I ended up going to Home Depot and buying a punch tool that did the trick.Can anyone explain why our FN OREA tools are useless ?As in way way too large of a diameter .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine looks exactly the same,and I couldn't figure out what was going on.I ended up going to Home Depot and buying a punch tool that did the trick.Can anyone explain why our FN OREA tools are useless ?As in way way too large of a diameter .
How long ago did you buy your gun? My gun was purchased in January and that's the tool that it came with. I called FN and they are sending me out another tool.

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
The photo you posted is the 892.

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
The armorers manual does not show a pointed tip for the 892.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm looking at the document OM_FS2000_0608.pdf which states:

Page 51: A Pointed tip. The Pointed tip is used as a drift punch or for other handlings during field stripping (see chapter 5).
Page 37, 44: Shows what the OREA 892 tool looks like with the pointed end

I was expecting to see a tool like this: http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s137/unsungpatriots/f2000/100_3992-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
The manual show a UT-2010 that is used for working on the cocking handle.

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
Look at page 51 of the owners manual, it shows the tool 892, same as the pic you posted.

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
Yep, I see it. The first pic you posted matches the photos in the armorers manual and in the owners manual. Maybe Sarge will pop in and share his wisdom.

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
Ok, I went and opened my tool kit, it has the one you posted in photo #2. Round on one end and pointed tip on the other.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How long ago did you buy your gun? My gun was purchased in January and that's the tool that it came with. I called FN and they are sending me out another tool.
I purchased mine in January also.The correct tool is definitely not in our kits.It drove me nuts trying to understand what the heck was going on.Im glad you posted this.Anyway, for 5 bucks you can get a high quality punch tool if you are in a hurry.I might just call FN and get the correct tool.I didn't the first time thinking they would think I was crazy.

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
It was in the section with the cleaning kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is funny. Mine is not pointed either. I had to use my punches to change the charging handle. It said use the 892 and I was scratching my head.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you keep us posted on what they send you? If so many recent purchases included the unfinished tool, I'll bet they have a whole bunch of the faulty tools and no one at FN noticed and may send the same unfinished tool as a replacement.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts