FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to my FS2000 and was wondering about the OREA 892 tool which is mentioned in the manual. Does anyone have a picture of it? Where can I purchase one? Can something around the house be used instead?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am new here also. My FS2K was purchased just a few days ago. I have read through the manual to get ready to filed strip it for first cleaning. I believe the tool is included in the kit with the rifle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have a spare OREA 892 that they would be willing to sell? I just got my GS2000 and, following the crappy instructions manual, broke the tool the first time trying to clean it.

Called FN parts and they couldn't even find the tool number,etc and referred me to Bob at customer service. Lefytmessage for him to call me back and haven't heard anything since Tuesday!!
HELP!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Um.. use a cleaning rod to get the piston out? Adapt, modify, overcome. I love FN weapons, but I misplaced my cleaning kit one time and just found another way to solve the problem. Think outside the standard issue FN cleaning kit.

Zhur

PS. I'll sell you mine for $40, because my .22 cal cleaning rods can do the same thing.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Awww man, and here I was thinking I was gonna make $40!!!

There is always more than one solution to a problem.

Zhur

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's why this forum is such a great place to check out before doing something stupid!!javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's why this forum is such a great place to check out before doing something stupid!!javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good on ya Doovid. Ask questions, it's the only way you get answers. Anyone that turns you away without the information you need to know (unless they are being funny) needs an ice water enema!!!

Zhur

PS. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I see I'm going to enjoy the support with my new toy. I brought my unfired FS2000 privately but it looks like the old owner hung on to some of the bits and pieces.

·
Registered
33 Posts
doovid said:
Does anyone have a spare OREA 892 that they would be willing to sell? I just got my FS2000 and, following the crappy instructions manual, broke the tool the first time trying to clean it.
Sorry for bumping an old thread AND correcting the quote above (FS2000 not GS).

I broke mine doing the SAME THING the first time truly stripping it down to clean the piston, which was technically the third time cleaning it, but I had never torn it down that far the first two times. Took 2 hours to go through it page by page from the manual, got the manual covered in BreakFreeCLP and then broke the damn took trying to figure out how to get the damn plug out! The picture and text isn't very descriptive, so I couldn't figure it out to save my life until it broke, then I realized where I was supposed to insert it. I then pulled out a cheap-o knife and as long as you use one with a strong tip, it will do the same thing as the tip on the stupid OREA 892 that broke! Now the tool is stronger than ever without the tip, and can be used for more things.

Good to see I wasn't the only n00b breaking things right off the bat with the FS! :p

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
There is a great sticky with lots of great pics on breaking down the 2K.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts