FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have an OSS 7.62 suppressor in NFA jail right now for a couple other 308 toys, but am not sure about using it with the FN Scar 17S. I know OSS advertises low back pressure, so in theory I wouldn't think it would be an issue, but FN warns against any suppressor use.

Has anyone put an OSS on their 17S? What has your experience been?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
They work really well on the SCAR. Don't own one myself but have shot a friend's SCAR with one on it and no issues at all. His was one of the steel cans and a little heavy for my taste. As long as you tune the gas on your SCAR there's no problem shooting suppressed with most any suppressor. I use Thunderbeast cans myself on both my 17s and my 20.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They work really well on the SCAR. Don't own one myself but have shot a friend's SCAR with one on it and no issues at all. His was one of the steel cans and a little heavy for my taste. As long as you tune the gas on your SCAR there's no problem shooting suppressed with most any suppressor. I use Thunderbeast cans myself on both my 17s and my 20.
Thank you, would you also need to tune a low back pressure suppressor, or just a traditional one?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have an OSS 7.62 suppressor in NFA jail right now for a couple other 308 toys, but am not sure about using it with the FN Scar 17S. I know OSS advertises low back pressure, so in theory I wouldn't think it would be an issue, but FN warns against any suppressor use.

Has anyone put an OSS on their 17S? What has your experience been?

Thanks,
David
I’ll let you know when I get mine. I’m waiting on mine as well, it’ll be 12 months next week. How long have you been waiting?

I bought it with the SCAR 17S in mind, despite the weight as jaflowers mentioned. Maybe I should’ve paid extra for the Ti one, but it didn’t seem worth the extra price at the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts