FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Otis 5.7mm cleaning kit and it didn't come with any instructions for the P90/PS90.
I saw that an older kit came with instructions:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4030/otis2a4to.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find this online?

Also, a lot of the pieces in the kit don't seem to fit the P90. The bore reflector and chamber brush are both too large to fit down into the space where the chamber is; and many of the scrapers/picks it comes with seem to be only be useful for other guns like AR-15. Does anyone have experience with this kit?

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Could have saved yourself some money and bought a .22 boresnake.

Reactions: P-Factor and LESTER

·
Registered
123 Posts
For the same amount of money you can put together a much better kit just by hitting your local cabela's or gander mountain. I've considered buying the otis kit as well since it has the 5.7 stamp on it but it really is completely unnecessary. A bore snake, a few patches, a micro fiber cloth, a brush or 2, cleaning spray, and your fav lube wrapped up in a tight small case is way better. Throw in a multitasker tool and you are done for that caliber.

-E

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately the nearest Cabela's is about an hour and a half from me. Anyway, I'll just order a bore snake on Amazon. I already have CLP and some cloths.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Otis Brass Scraper kit is cheap enough ($15ish) and worth it. Especially if you have a multitool you can screw the bits on. It would make a good addition that would allow you to get under the extractor tip, arguably the most important thing to clean besides the barrel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Otis Brass Scraper kit is cheap enough ($15ish) and worth it. Especially if you have a multitool you can screw the bits on. It would make a good addition that would allow you to get under the extractor tip, arguably the most important thing to clean besides the barrel.
The extractor tip is the small rectangular surface of the part at the forward end of the moving parts group that has a spring attached to it?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Have you gone to Otis' webpage and see if they have that manual online?

·
Registered
123 Posts
The extractor tip is the small rectangular surface of the part at the forward end of the moving parts group that has a spring attached to it?
Yes. Extractor lip would be more accurate. It is what pulls your brass out of the chamber when you go bang.

-E

1 - 9 of 9 Posts