FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gents its my time for the sandbox, I will prob not post for a while. Depends on if my job lets me have less restrictions on the net or not if I do post. Be back in a couple months. This will be my first time out there and I been in a while LOL

Take care,

Khest

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
khest said:
I am in the AF so all I got to worry is the camel spiders :p
a buddy of mine came back a bit ago. He said the spiders freak you out cuz they try to stay in your shadow to be out of the sun. Its like they stalk you. He didnt see any huge ones like in those pictures on the net. The ones he took pictures of were small...hand sized :evil:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep they tell us to put socks over our boots and to shake out the sleeping bags and such to make sure there arent any camel spiders or scorpions or such in our gear...hands make great meals I hear...ours not theirs

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Domo, and I will try to take pics, but I dont think I can come up with anything intresting inside a computer room LOL

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Stay safe!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Stay safe, and thank you for your service! :?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You'll be surprised how small those camel spiders actually are. The internet photos are deceiving. They actually aren't spiders at all. They are a different species related to Arachnids. Oh, and they don't eat flesh.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You say that, but I am still gonna run if I see one of those things...they scary LOL well hanging out in Qutar right now awaiting a flight in country.

Other than that its humid which just makes you sweat. Not much else but keep out the heat, sleep when we first got here, and eat, and I dont know right now LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts