FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally over tightened the mounting screws on my trijicon rmr on my tac because my torque wrench is a POS. I didn't see anything crack and the dot still looks the same. I noticed in my FNX manual that there is a warning note not to over tighten the two screws. Anything I should be worried about? Is there and moving parts under the slide that could have gotten damaged by the screws protruding to far down from over torqueing? Could the rmr have gotten damaged some other way? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
161 Posts
i would just dissasemble the pistol and check that nothing was damaged from the overtightening. Did you fire it while it was too tight? a quick check by removing the slide should tell you if there was any damage because of this

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only dry fired it and it seems normal, also you can't see the screws by just taking the slide off because they go down in the firing pin housing

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off topic but have you ever eaten at Linx in old towne orange? My dad started that restaurant

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Most likely didn't do anything. I'm assuming you loosened them up?

There's nothing that I can think of that the screws would interfere with. Should be on either side of the firing pin and just behind the extractor spring

Reactions: Fnpurist

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most likely didn't do anything. I'm assuming you loosened them up?

There's nothing that I can think of that the screws would interfere with. Should be on either side of the firing pin and just behind the extractor spring
i take it the rmr would've immediately shown signs of being affected if over tightening caused damage right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts