FN Herstal Firearms banner

Do you buy guns that friends have or do you try to be different?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two guns I own are different than any of my friends... Would get boring if I bought a block...er glock or an AR15...

·
Registered
475 Posts
i buy what i want, if anything my friends buy different guns than me. for example i had an ar-15 for a long time and my friend did not have anything like that. when he went to purchase one he changed his mind and got and ak instead.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Too bad I couldn't vote for the first two options. I like being different as well :? . EVERYONE has a Block, XD, 1911, or Sig. Few have an HK, FN or CZ.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just curious because there are many options and fine options at that out there for us to own. I WANT and AR, but all my friends have one...seriously, all my gun totin' friends have one. I got the CX4 storm instead and am really happy that something like it was available. Same thing with sig. I'll eventually own an AR and a Sig, but going to the range is about the FUN of it and the fun is multiplied when I can shoot many calibres and styles of weapons. I like to poke fun at Glock, simply because it's the thing to do :lol: , but I do enjoy popping a few rounds off when my friends offer.

Lucky for me, that while being different I'm still able to buy what I want and like. Like I said, many fine options and let's face it...for most of us that are not LEO/Military/security our chances of using these weapons in a truly tactical/defense are small. This effectively makes them big boy toys with a special purpose. :) I tell my wife, "would you prefer I was at Hooter's every sunday watching sports with the boys or at a range?" That gets the point across.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Furyataurus said:
Too bad I couldn't vote for the first two options. I like being different as well :? . EVERYONE has a Block, XD, 1911, or Sig. Few have an HK, FN or CZ.
I didn't know how to make the poll multiple choice. My FN and Cx4 Storm are what I wanted and they happen to be different from my friends, so I answered "try to be different".

·
Registered
150 Posts
NillaIce said:
I tell my wife, "would you prefer I was at Hooter's every sunday watching sports with the boys or at a range?" That gets the point across.
then afterwords you proceed to do both? :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
The g/f doesn't have a choice in the matter...I get what I want. Unfortunately, my friends (a portion of them) don't make what I do so they drool at what I have lol :shock:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Furyataurus said:
Rudy, you know better to say that about me :?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
cool looking shot gun, if we can get them i might have to look into it further, and yea i buy what i want, don't care what other people/friends have unless i really like it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I choose things based on what my friends and dad have. They have it? So I get something else. Unless I really really like it. I don't know of any place around me that rents guns out so thats how I try different things.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Love the old iceman posts. Keep em' coming.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts