FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an FNP-9 today. Got frustrated waiting for my SR-9 to return from Ruger(4wks). Damn, what a pistol. Wonderful! Simple, no issues after 50 rounds (about 80% failed with the Ruger first time out). I think I can trust this thing.
So, interested to hear what you all have to say about the thing.
Best,
D.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. I do need to say that I am NOT bashing Ruger. I have a Mk3 Hunter that is just awesome. I bought the SR-9 with the intention that it would be faultless 'out of the box' as the .22 was. It appears that Ruger is struggling with increased demand and they are doing their best to keep up. I just needed something I could absolutely depend on. I have no doubt that the SR-9 will become that in time, but the FNP-9 nails it out of the gate...

Thanks and Best,
D.

·
Registered
30 Posts
daroche01 said:
Thanks Guys. I do need to say that I am NOT bashing Ruger. I have a Mk3 Hunter that is just awesome. I bought the SR-9 with the intention that it would be faultless 'out of the box' as the .22 was. It appears that Ruger is struggling with increased demand and they are doing their best to keep up. I just needed something I could absolutely depend on. I have no doubt that the SR-9 will become that in time, but the FNP-9 nails it out of the gate...

Thanks and Best,
D.
Welcome! Enjoy the new FN!!! I cant say any bad about ruger, I have a pair of there Vaquero's in 357 / 38 and all be it there six shooter single actions, i LOVE them to death! and love cowboy shooting! Sorry to hear about the SR though best of luck with it! and welcome again!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome! I've always been a reasonably big fan of Ruger myself, and I might even buy their LCR when it comes out. I looked at the SR-9 when I bought my FNP and it was no contest -- the FNP fit my hand far better, so that's what I own -- plus mine is the 40P, so it has more punch too! :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts