FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Imprisoned quarterback Michael Vick filed for bankruptcy protection while serving time for federal dogfighting charges, saying he owes between $10 million and $50 million to creditors.

Vick filed Chapter 11 papers in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Newport News on Monday. The seven largest creditors listed in the court papers are owed a total of about $12.8 million.

The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback hopes he ``can, after the conclusion of the bankruptcy case, rebuild his life on a personal and spiritual level, resurrect his image as a public figure, and resolve matters with the NFL such that he can resume his career,'' according to the filings.

Vick is serving a 23-month prison sentence at the U.S. Penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., after pleading guilty last year to bankrolling a dogfighting ring. He was subsequently suspended indefinitely without pay and lost all his major sponsors, including Nike. He also faces state charges related to dogfighting.

The debt includes part of a signing bonus that the Falcons are seeking to recover.

After the plea on dogfighting charges, the Falcons tried to recover about $20 million in bonuses Vick earned from 2004 to 2007. But a federal judge held that Vick is entitled to keep all but $3.75 million of the money paid to him for playing football through the 2014 season.

According to the filings, Vick's other debts include $4.5 million owed to Richmond-based Joel Enterprises Inc., and $550,0000 owed to Radtke Sports Inc. for breach of contract.

In May, a federal judge ordered Vick to repay about $2.5 million to a Canadian bank for defaulting on a loan. The Royal Bank of Canada had sued Vick in September, arguing his guilty plea to a federal dogfighting charge - and the resulting impact on his career - prevented him from repaying the loan.

A default judgment for $1.08 million also was entered in January against Vick and a business partner in a lawsuit brought by Wachovia Bank over a loan for an Atlanta-area wine shop and restaurant.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
He had the world by the tail. He could have invested his millions into companies that would have paid him and his family's way through life for generations.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just hope he leaves prision and never get's picked up by another team ever! I can't stand people who beat animals. 8)

·
Registered
350 Posts
hes a scumbag, this guy was a hero to kids and then he gets involved with this crap

i dont think he should get any special treatment or protection from anything

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the really sad part is that he's not broke.... That prison ***** has moved millions overseas. He has money in the Cayman Islands and places like that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What pisses me off about this? People are harsher on him than all the alcoholics, drug addicts, wife abusers and murderers in pro sports. Love animals, but sorry that **** Vick did does not deserve the outrage it garnered nor the prison sentence. It is a really damn sad state when people hold the lives of an animal higher than that of their fellow man.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What pisses me off about this? People are harsher on him than all the alcoholics, drug addicts, wife abusers and murderers in pro sports. Love animals, but sorry that **** Vick did does not deserve the outrage it garnered nor the prison sentence. It is a really damn sad state when people hold the lives of an animal higher than that of their fellow man.
Well, I think the reason people are so outraged is because animals are helpless victims. They cannot speak or defend themselves. The people that prey on animals are similar to pedophiles that prey on small children. They have a very serious mental defect and are a danger to society.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Someone that beats their spouse or has already killed or attempted to kill someone is a greater danger to society in my eyes

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
he is a prime example of letting the money get to his head, and thinking with money your untouchable. See real people like us would invest even a fraction of that money into a long terms family investment. Sh*t even spending the money on class III`s would be a smart money these days

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Domestic abuse is different when it involves two adults. When people are in a relationship and alcohol/drugs or physical abuse becomes an issue, they always have the choice to stay or seek help. This is just not the case for children or domestic animals.
I might add that I am a hunter, however I believe one should only hunt what you intend to eat.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
He is a total waste of space and a total D Bag

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love animals, but sorry that **** Vick did does not deserve the outrage it garnered nor the prison sentence.
You know, vick did get off easy. You see vick pled guilty to the federal dog fighting charges and in return for his guilty plea, he avoided more serious charges of illegal gambling, money laundering, racketeering (racketeering charge for running an illegal dog fighting and gaming operation) and drugs were found on his property as well.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Vic is a dirt bag. I hope they give him powder soap to wash with so when he drops it in the shower.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts