FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just aquired my first 2 FS2000's with another on the way! Just how much of a good thing can one guy have...LOL. Anyway, ran into a blog here and there regarding the P-series fs2k's. To the best of my knowledge, without consulting FNH USA yet, does anyone have any information regarding this 'P-series'? I have seen internet info mentioned that it is "a sought after series" due to being a "military overproduction". Not sure of the significance of this. But FWIW, thought I would pose this question out to my fellow FNH fans. Any information would be appreciated. I noticed my first 2 fs2k's are labeled "p-series". Made me curious as to their rarity or production numbers on these. To be honest, didn't even notice until I looked at my box labels and was kind of curious as to what the heck the "P-series" label implied. My luck would probably mean "nothing"!TYIA, John K

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edit-here is the link

FS2000 mil overrun difference

I believe the 9k serial range was the military overrun. I believe the parts had a different coating for harsh environment use. Not sure how sought after they are. JHS and Stryker have spoken to this in the past John. I think u can find the info with the search field - good luck bud.
BBG> TYIA. Should have just gave you a call. Reason I questioned this was due to a GunBroker add quoting the 'P-series" as being highly collectable. Crap, thought I hit the "jackpot" LOL! Give me a jingle with any questions. John K

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
The 9000 series was was military over-run. When they were released, they were substantially cheaper than a regular FS2K. I know this, because they came out right after I bought mine, so the price difference stung a bit. They did not have hard chrome plated carriers like the regular run. The carriers were black. That said, it's a FS2K, just like any other. Only it was about $500-700 cheaper than the normal production models. That could be where the "sought after" part comes from.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 9000 series was was military over-run. When they were released, they were substantially cheaper than a regular FS2K. I know this, because they came out right after I bought mine, so the price difference stung a bit. They did not have hard chrome plated carriers like the regular run. The carriers were black. That said, it's a FS2K, just like any other. Only it was about $500-700 cheaper than the normal production models. That could be where the "sought after" part comes from.
I have an older one with the "chrome-plated carrier." I prefer the chrome. The 9000-series is less expensive for a reason, military run or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts