• P220 Combat

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I posted this question over on Sigtalk, but they don't seem to be anywhere near as active as the forum here. What do you guys(and gals) think?

My Question is: I am looking into getting my first full size Sig and have narrowed it down to either a P220 Scorpion or P220 Combat. What are advantages and disadvantages of each? Which should I get?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p220-scorpion.aspx

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p220-combat.aspx

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
They are identical besides the finish? If you like a lot of Flat Dark Earth, get the Scorpion ... if you like contrast, get the Combat.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
That scorpion looks slick man. I have always liked that finish. Maybe one day... Perhaps.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Scorpion has a larger beaver tail. I think the Combat has a chrome lined bore where the Scorpion doesn't. I kind of like the looks of the Scorpion better, but not sure I care for the beaver tail on it.

I'm kind of waiting to see what they release with the P227. I almost bought a Combat a few years ago (threaded bbl version and before they had the Scorpion version).

In short, it really comes down to which one looks better to you. I don't think the chrome-lined bore on the Combat is going to make the barrel last that much longer vs. the non-lined, maybe just make it slightly easier to clean. The grips on the scorpion are pretty sharp (physically), but if you shoot with gloves, no big deal (I kind of like that style of grip personally, although on my 938 I did have to take down some edges on the grips that were causing me pain).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Scorpion should have the SRT (Short Reset Trigger), trust me when I say it's worth it. Just picked up a 226 Extreme Thursday and I love the SRT!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't have experience with either but I can tell you I absolutely love my 220 Dark Elite.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I like the grips & the beavertail on the Scorpion better. So out of those 2 I choose the Scorpion.

However, that P220 Elite Dark is the right answer! You would really love those aluminum grips, sights, and all black finish!

Enjoy whichever you decide to go with!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had an FDE 220 Combat, accurate as hell. Scorpion-this is my take, if you want a 1911 get a REAL 1911.
I thought I wanted a 1911 and that is what I have currently. Sti Trojan 5
Inch that I use for a bedside gun. My issue is I much prefer the operation of a da/sa for keeping a round in the chamber. There is something very unnerving to me about not having a decocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
220 Combat TB love mine!
Combat TB sounds pleasing.
P220-Dark-CombatTB-Detail-L.jpg

On second thought..
8 or 10rd?

Picture002.jpg

10 round, IMHO, "just getting a gut feeling to stay w/ a 15rd FNX45 tac or a 10rd Hk45 tac".

She's pretty though w/ an 8rd'er.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So here is how it is playing out and Why I am having such trouble deciding

Combat-
special phosphate coated internals
Chrome lined barrel
comes with 10 round mag
Bi-tone=Can match either scar color
cheaper

Scorpion-
SRT
Beavertail
Nicer grips
Elite model....Not sure what that means

This is harder than the Black vs FDE debate for my 17

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Lets make it harder now, stainless P220 or 2 tone stainless P220. I like the looks and feel of the combat myself, I almost got one before. I have no intentions of going through government paperwork for a silencer, so I compromised and got this instead.

p220 3.jpg p220 1.jpg

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
According to the current poll stat's, it's a tie. I can't see you going wrong with either, personal preference wins out. I owned a plain old P220 twenty years ago then sold it, big mistake!

Reactions: dryak25

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
According to the current poll stat's, it's a tie. I can't see you going wrong with either, personal preference wins out. I owned a plain old P220 twenty years ago then sold it, big mistake!
Of course it's a tie lol, puts me in the exact same spot I was before I started the poll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts