• P226 elite stainless

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I apologize for all the sig questions, but you guys are really helpful.

Here is where I am at right now. I can order a P220 elite stainless and then wait 6 months for it, or I can get a p226 stainless elite within the week(advantage p226). I am partial to the 45 acp round, but I don't mind 9mm(advantage p220). Also, the grip for the P220 grip is a bit more comfortable for me(advantage P220). This gun will be used primarily for home defense and range use. To make the matter more complicated, my wife and I might be moving to California, which would limit me to 10 round magazines(advantage p220). The other issue is that if we move to california, I cannot ship an elite model there which would prevent me from getting the P220 at all(big advantage p226).

so, impart we with your wisdom. Which should I buy?

After this we can get back to discussing what the best optic is for the scar 17 :)

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
sounds like for the last couple of days you have really wanted the 220...I would not settle for a 226 9mm if that is truly the case. You should get what you want and that is it in my opinion, since you asked. Otherwise, every time you shoot that 226 you are going to wish you had bought the 220.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The P226 is a must have for any Sig collector and is just a great shooter. The SS Elite edition is a whole lot heaver then other models and makes recoil nothing. If you decide to get a P220 get the Ernest Langdon edition even if used. I used to have a standard P220 and my brother-in-law got the Langdon edition. After shooting his at the LGS I sold my P220 and ordered the Langdon edition.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Oh yeah whichever gun you purchase call Sig and tell them they are cheap SOB's! They are putting rolled pins instead of solid pins in there new pistols now. It just looks cheap... And if you drop over a grand on a gun they can afford to put a solid pin in the slid. Sucks that now I have to spend $7 at brownells to get the correct pin.

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 6.19.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 6.28.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 6.28.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 6.31.09 PM.png

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah whichever gun you purchase call Sig and tell them they are cheap SOB's! They are putting rolled pins instead of solid pins in there new pistols now. It just looks cheap... And if you drop over a grand on a gun they can afford to put a solid pin in the slid. Sucks that now I have to spend $7 at brownells to get the correct pin.

View attachment 24226 View attachment 24227 View attachment 24228 View attachment 24229

How much effort does it take to do this swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
876 Posts
How much effort does it take to do this swap?
Line up the solid pin with the rolled pin and tap with hammer. You're replacing one pin for the other. Less then 5 minute job. I don't get why Sig started using the pins that look like a rolled up piece of foil. They probably save about 10 cents. And to add insult they are the ones who make the solid pin.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
The P226 is a must have for any Sig collector and is just a great shooter. The SS Elite edition is a whole lot heaver then other models and makes recoil nothing. If you decide to get a P220 get the Ernest Langdon edition even if used. I used to have a standard P220 and my brother-in-law got the Langdon edition. After shooting his at the LGS I sold my P220 and ordered the Langdon edition.
I'm looking for a sig 9mm with threaded barrel which do you recommend between m11a1 and p226 (I have narrowed my choice to those two and berretta 92fs distant third)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for a sig 9mm with threaded barrel which do you recommend between m11a1 and p226 (I have narrowed my choice to those two and berretta 92fs distant third)
P226 is Sigs flagship handgun. The M11a1 is a limited edition run based on the p228. If you are worried about parts availability and support I think the P226 would be the only option here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts