FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey guys. I posted this question over on sigtalk but didn't get any response.... you would think I would have learned my lesson about looking for answers over there lol

I had my LGS order me a Sig p226 stainless elite and I am VERY excited. While waiting for it to come in, I have been doing all the research I can about them. That leads me to my questions

I found several threads talking about how all production for these had moved to the US. When did this occur and are there any issues I should be aware of?

I read another thread talking about an uneven finish on one of the stainless elite guns. Is this a frequent problem? should I be concerned about ?

I am incredibly excited right now. I am also really OCD and want everything to be perfect when I pick it up. Your guys wisdom would be appreciated

Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a P229 Stainless Elite on order thru a MIL/LEO dealer…don't care about the issues I read about online. I'm just looking forward to getting the gun home and shooting it. All of your OCD concerns will go away once you start putting rounds down range.

·
Registered
604 Posts
found several threads talking about how all production for these had moved to the US. When did this occur and are there any issues I should be aware of?
No mechanical issues that I know of. Some of the Sig purists tend to turn up their nose at domestically produced Sig pistols versus German-made guns and tend to exaggerate elements of inferiority of the US made ones. All my Sigs have the Exeter, NH stamp and they run like Adrian Peterson.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No mechanical issues that I know of. Some of the Sig purists tend to turn up their nose at domestically produced Sig pistols versus German-made guns and tend to exaggerate elements of inferiority of the US made ones. All my Sigs have the Exeter, NH stamp and they run like Adrian Peterson.
I am from Wisconsin but still love the Adrian Peterson reference :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have both Elite stainless 226 and 229, my 226 seems to be tighter than the 229, but both shoot well and build like a tank, after I got my Nighthawk stainless T3 they are just sitting to collect dust.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I have a couple sig's,P238 SAS & P239 Equinox, never known sigs to have issues. The sig purist's are just like " overzealous ' toolmakers. PITA's... let their rhetoric be heavy handed, they are what they are. Hard to beat a sig pistol ! The rifle's I'm not fond of but of course I'm an FN man.
Would like to pick up a 9 scorpion.... some day !
Congrads on the pick up !

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am from Wisconsin but still love the Adrian Peterson reference :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should I have said Ron Dayne?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I read another thread talking about an uneven finish on one of the stainless elite guns. Is this a frequent problem? should I be concerned about ?
I have been carrying Sig Sauer's for decades, they are perhaps the finest defensive pistols available today! The older Sig models have a stamped carbon steel slide, while the newer models have a milled stainless steel slide which is more resilient structurally, this changed occurred with the introduction of the 40S&W and 357SIG cartridges which have higher chamber pressures and great slide velocities. The New Hampshire Sig's are every bit as accurate as their German Predecessors. Don't believe the hype! The only issue I have with Sig Sauer is that the new management out sources their accessories to inferior manufacturers; Hence, Sig switch from Italian made Mecgar's to American made Checkmate's. First thing I do is delegate the Checkmate's with the Sig brand stamped on them to range duty and malfunction drills, and purchase Mecgar's. If the magazine is stamped Italy and Sig Sauer then you have the older OEM magazines, otherwise the are the Checkmate's. Sig Sauer Costumer Services is second to none; they will make it right and cover all shipping costs. The turn around time is normally less then 2 weeks. Enjoy your Sig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts