FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first post here. Sadly this isn't about an FN, but a Sig. I was at my gun range recently and noticed a P229 in .40 under the counter priced at $625 dollars. I asked about it, being a fan of Sig, and the owner told me it was a certified pre-owned Sig, and that Sig had actually taken a used pistol and reconditioned it by inspecting it and replacing all worn parts. The gun looked almost brand new.

Now I have spent an almost unbelievable amount on guns in the wake of all this talk about legislation, grabbing all I can afford. I really liked this Sig, so my question is- Is this a good enough deal that I should jump on it, or in view of all I've spent, should I just pass on by? In other words, is this a good enough buy that I would be foolish to pass it up? Thanks in advance for replies!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I think Sig's CPO guns are a very good deal. I bought a P228 German made last year and it was like a new gun. Paid $599 as I recall. Only you can decide if its value to you fits your budget.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a Sig P229 that was CPO when I bought it. I have had zero problems with it. I would not hesitate to buy another. My 229 and FNP40 are my two daily carry weapons. They also have a one year factory warranty one them.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Sig CPOs are great guns for the money and warranty, with that said $625 is about an average mid price for a CPO.
I have seen CPOs in the $575-$675 range at LGSs so its not a price that would make me jump on it as that price will show up again.
But the way guns are going now, its hard to tell if you'll be able to pickup a CPO again either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts