FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I know if you go Tros, when he cuts the barrel, he makes a shroud adapter out of you existing shroud. If you get a cmmg or Hi Desert Dog barrel, do they also come with a shroud?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What i am asking , is the crown piece than. The piece of the shroud on the orginal barrel that keeps the barrel from spinning against the upper reciever. Does the cmmg barrels come with that, or does someone have a link to where i can buy the crown/adapter.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What i am asking , is the crown piece than. The piece of the shroud on the orginal barrel that keeps the barrel from spinning against the upper reciever. Does the cmmg barrels come with that, or does someone have a link to where i can buy the crown/adapter.
I believe that you are talking about the adapter that will thread to a cut or manufactured barrel, this adapter as said threads to the end of the barrel so you can mount a flash hider. The threads on the barrel itself IIRC is metric (I forget the spec). You will have to purchase the adapter separately if the barrel maker does not specifically say it comes with one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe that you are talking about the adapter that will thread to a cut or manufactured barrel, this adapter as said threads to the end of the barrel so you can mount a flash hider. The threads on the barrel itself IIRC is metric (I forget the spec). You will have to purchase the adapter separately if the barrel maker does not specifically say it comes with one.
Perfect, thats what i was wondering. Thanks.

·
FN Supporter
433 Posts
Quick question. I know if you go Tros, when he cuts the barrel, he makes a shroud adapter out of you existing shroud. If you get a cmmg or Hi Desert Dog barrel, do they also come with a shroud?

The shroud is a throw away and is not used in any way on the SBR. The M12x1LH to 1/2-28 adapter is made from scratch and you can also use a P90 FH, or clone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hi Mark
So this brake would already incorporate the adapter? Thanks again....these FN's are a drastic change to the simplicity of the AR's.
https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/flash-hider-fnh-p90-style-m12-x-1-lh/
You have a choice to either use a clone/FNH flash hider like the link , just a flash hider and retainer for the barrel, or you can buy a adapter from tros that is 12x1lh->1/2x28 and put whatever you want on the firearm. The PS90 is 10X more simple than a ar15 haha. The barrel is floating in the receiver and is retained solely with the flash hider/front adpater

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have a choice to either use a clone/FNH flash hider like the link , just a flash hider and retainer for the barrel, or you can buy a adapter from tros that is 12x1lh->1/2x28 and put whatever you want on the firearm. The PS90 is 10X more simple than a ar15 haha. The barrel is floating in the receiver and is retained solely with the flash hider/front adpater
Thanks, may be easier functionally, but parts wise is a pain....a 5.56 barrel is the same across the board. No adapters, no shrouds, no reverse threads. Cmmg has the adapter too, but Ill prob go with the clone then. I will never suppress, and want it to look original....thanks again.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I will never suppress, and want it to look original....thanks again.
Now do you want it to look 1st or 2nd gen original? There are two styles of FH.

Reactions: gm2376

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
CMMG makes a copy of the original muzzle brake. As well as a thread adaptor.

Stryker Enterprises has the new style flash hider.

Reactions: blkbd and gm2376
1 - 13 of 13 Posts