FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tax stamp was approved for my first suppressor, an OSS .22/5.7 rated for my PS90 SBR. It will be direct threaded on.

My question is do I need to check the suppressor bore alignment since it's a direct thread? If so, is a 5.56 alignment guide sufficient? The SBR barrel swap was done using the CMG barrel. At a minimum I'll check visually by looking down the barrel.

·
Administrator
11,356 Posts
Check it. There were some CMMG barrel adapters that were not threaded properly. I think that these issues were resolved but I would make sure using an alignment rod that the barrel is in alignment with the suppressor. Otherwise you may risk a baffle strike, end cap damage, and possible suppressor damage beyond repair.

The 5.56 alignment guide is good for 5.7X28mm as well. They both shoot .224 caliber projectiles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check it. There were some CMMG barrel adapters that were not threaded properly. I think that these issues were resolved but I would make sure using an alignment rod that the barrel is in alignment with the suppressor. Otherwise you may risk a baffle strike, end cap damage, and possible suppressor damage beyond repair.

The 5.56 alignment guide is good for 5.7X28mm as well. They both shoot .224 caliber projectiles.
Thank you, I will then. I'll need to buy a 5.56 alignment rod anyway, as I have that suppressor coming next.

·
Administrator
11,356 Posts
I don't know where you are at, but a rod of any type (wood dowel) would suffice if you do not want to put out the money on a suppressor rod. Some rods are not inexpensive. You can also check several on line metal suppliers or industrial parts suppliers that have metal rods that are very near the diameter that you need. I have the suppressor rods because I have suppressors that fit on multiple platforms and want to ensure that they are always aligned before use.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already order a Geissele rod. Yes I agree, they're not cheap, however it will get enough use as I want all my rifles to be ready to accept a suppressor. Given the time and money involved in obtaining a suppressor, I'd rather not take any chances.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts