FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone knows if Pachmayr or Tipton ever made snap caps for the 5.7x28mm chambering.

I found A-Zooms, but I dislike them due to problems I had with them before.

I also see that FN has their own 5.7x28 snap caps, but after firing steel-colored shells so many times in other calibers, I'm too conditioned to treating those as live shells.
I don't want to lose that conditioning by being wrongly habituated to thinking steel colored are snap caps from the FNH ones.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
FN made their dummy rounds first. I made them next, and then A-Zoom made them.. Not sure of anyone else right now.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was afraid of that.

I guess I will have to settle for the FN ones and become accustomed to their steel-colored dummies.
I just hope that Tipton and Pachmyr will make snap caps for this caliber soon.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Color the tips with some nail polish in your favorite color. Also good for front sights.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Good question.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have plenty of spent brass in a plastic Tupperware. I guess I can take a few and see about coloring them somehow so that I know they aren't live ammo.

Anyone know how to dye the coating that is applied on the outside of Fiochi brass?

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I have A-Zooms and factory dummy rounds, they both work the same.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I originally made them and sold a bulk of them to EA. I stopped when Azoom released theirs.
Other than brass color, did you make yours in any other color? For example Pachmry, Tipton, A-Zoom, etc are almost always red, and some others might make theirs in blue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts