FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Here is my FB page and I found this on my Rifle today.... First one out of the 10 on the jig I need to make some slight tweeks in the program and these are GTG!Please keep in mind boys this is a rough cut unit for my testing and machinist like leather hands!
https://www.facebook.com/ParkerMountainMachine

Bolt in the locked position.
Trigger

bolt locked open.
Machine tool Machine Tool

Back plate clears upper while bolt is closed.
Technology Gadget Metal

finally open and closed from the other side.
Bumper Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle

Attachments

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Hey guy's I am officially launching these as of ........................................Now. I have 20 1st Units ready to ship in black and roughly 16 2nd production units I will toss on the site shortly,FDE units will be in any day now.
FN Herstal SCAR 16/17 PMM SCAR B.C.D. (Battery Control Device)

Parker Mountain Machine is proud to be the First manufacturer to bring a Battery control device to the market for both the SCAR 16 and 17 Weapons system.
Much like the Battery Devices found on AR-15 Weapon systems PMM's B.C.D. Allows the shooter full control of the SCAR's Battery with minor movement of the trigger finger saving the shooter precious time during magazine changes and battery manipulation.
Additionally the B.C.D's main paddle is larger with finer serrations for extra grip while engaging the Battery of the SCAR's rifle traditionally.
CNC'd in-house out of 6061 aluminum then hardcoated per military standards. The PMM B.C.D. is a low cost and effective way of improving the operating functions of your SCAR rifle.
Product Features:

• Finished in a 8625 type 3 class 2 industry standard hardcoat.
  • Mounting hardware and locktite included
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty.
  • Installation is simple and is done in minutes.
  • No permanent modifications to the rifle.
  • Light weight less than 1 oz with Hardware.
  • Does not contact any critical components of the SCAR during articulation.

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com...control-device

Looks real nice(No PMM Logo:Bubba:) trob09 please let me know how you like it when you run the rifle!
Just a quick after-action report. I took the recently SBRs and BCDd SCAR to the range yesterday for zeroing, everything ran perfectly. I use a Troy industries lever on my AR, so it was good to have the muscle-memory on the SCAR as well.

The range trip was really a sight in trip for my new Accuracy International and the RMR I just installed on my FNX 45 Tactical, so I didn't put much through the SCAR (only 40~50 rounds).

Discussion starter · #33 ·
To all waiting on the B.C.D.'s in FDE I got my 50 units in today and although they look good the color is what I deem to be a bit off compared to what I was expecting, I am most likely going to need to buy another Die and have these stripped and re-plated. I originally was shooting for a match between the lower and upper on my 17.

I personally don't mind the color but I know how particular some gents can be be, I have an AR I did in this color and it looks' the tits. However the harlequin pallet of the FDE's SCAR's from FN don't quite match take a look and let me know what you think?

Standard black in 8625 Vs new "FDE" 8625 seems a bit more Goldish in the images but not as bad in real life.
View attachment 28941

B.C.D. mounted on my 17 with a Geissle FF handgard in their" DDC(Desert Dirt Color) I'm going to use this as a "swatch when I take these back for Re-plating to try and get a better match, as I feel it's a bit closer to the FDE on the 17?...........LOL.
View attachment 28942

This a a Apples to Apples comparison of some other parts I manufacture for a VW R32 (Rear trailing arm bearing insert) the bearing insert is anodized in a real gold.
View attachment 28943
finaly just a shot of the black VS what I have.
View attachment 28944

My apologies for any further delays the FDE hardcoat thing has been a real PITA!
~Jrod.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.