FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an Effort to continue to bring you guys new innovative solutions to this Weapon System I am posting up some Solid Models of the New PMM SCAR QD But Plate.

After the release of my PMM QD mounts it has been brought to my attention a couple of guys were having issues with the rear mount not truly beginning the rear of the weapon for a "true" two position Sling set up,this and having some periodic complaints about the issue of the rear pick up point interfering with the shooters face has prompted me to come up with another solution for you to all use.

The Method: Since the rear butt pad of the SCAR is held in with a take down pin it seemed primed for either a new rear but plate or what i am showcasing here.
I like the existing Rear Stock it offers adjust ability and a light weight design that have yet to see bested.
This spacer I have come up with can be installed onto any existing SCAR Rear stock with NO permanent modifications for the rifle and will give both Right hand and Left Hand shooters the ability to tether your rear Sling point in either the high or low position of the Plate adapter.

Product Details.

• CNC'd out of 6061 aluminum then harcoated with a 8625 Type 3 class 2 hardcoat
  • Lightweight design
  • Comes with two QD mounts that can be used on either of the left or right hand mounting positions.
Plate Mount 5 PMM.jpg Plate Mount 4 PMM.jpg Plate Mount 3 PMM.jpg Plate Mount 2 PMM.jpg

Please feel free to give me some feed back on this I think it's a good alternative to what we have for the rear pick up point and would also work well with my front QD mounts also!
~Jarod.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Will the tether points clear the stock or are they just shy of touching?

At first I thought the spacer could just be flipped over to change from left to right shooters, but I couldnt figure out what the 2 pairs of holes were for. The tether is an insert that can be mounted on either side using those holes? Couldn't you just machine a one piece spacer and then flip it to change sides? Forgive me if I'm not seeing something....lol

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you examine you Stock's but plate you will see that it is not symmetrical, so flipping it around will not work. Additionally you have to navigate around the stock adjustment button etc. Each Plate will come with 2 QD mounts that can be screwed into 1 of four mounts points depending on what the shooter prefers.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Would it be possible to make an ambi version with both left and right QD attachment points so that it would not need to be removed to switch from right hander to left hander sling?

Reactions: 713HoustonTX

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry guys, I thought I replied to this thread, I put this project on the back burner to persue some other interest's. I would be willing to re visit it as the design work is done but I would like to gauge real interest prior to doing so.
~Jrod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder if you could make something like this that would replace the receiver base plate? I would much rather have QD mounts that were integrated into the receiver base plate as I think it would have more advantages.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I like the QD mounts: Snap-Snap, the sling is on...or off. Magpul got it right with the ACR QD's, FN not so much in my opinion with regard to the sling attach points and lower design...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry guys, I thought I replied to this thread, I put this project on the back burner to persue some other interest's. I would be willing to re visit it as the design work is done but I would like to gauge real interest prior to doing so.
~Jrod.
So what are you working on that is so cool that this had to be put aside? ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts