FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an Effort to continue to bring you guys new innovative solutions to this Weapon System I am posting up some Solid Models of the New PMM SCAR QD But Plate.

After the release of my PMM QD mounts it has been brought to my attention a couple of guys were having issues with the rear mount not truly beginning the rear of the weapon for a "true" two position Sling set up,this and having some periodic complaints about the issue of the rear pick up point interfering with the shooters face has prompted me to come up with another solution for you to all use.

The Method: Since the rear butt pad of the SCAR is held in with a take down pin it seemed primed for either a new rear but plate or what i am showcasing here.
I like the existing Rear Stock it offers adjust ability and a light weight design that have yet to see bested.
This spacer I have come up with can be installed onto any existing SCAR Rear stock with NO permanent modifications for the rifle and will give both Right hand and Left Hand shooters the ability to tether your rear Sling point in either the high or low position of the Plate adapter.

Product Details.

• CNC'd out of 6061 aluminum then harcoated with a 8625 Type 3 class 2 hardcoat
  • Lightweight design
  • Comes with two QD mounts that can be used on either of the left or right hand mounting positions.

Please feel free to give me some feed back on this I think it's a good alternative to what we have for the rear pick up point and would also work well with my front QD mounts also!
~Jarod.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's pretty neat. I'd be in for one as long as price is right. If they are anything like your QD mounts then quality will be top notch.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Badass! I would be interested in one for sure.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good.
How much length would it add? And weight?
Why 2 QD mounts vrs just 1 at the top of the butt stock?
The plate will approx.375" of length weigh less then 3 Oz and the QD mounts can be moved to what ever location you want top bottom left or right.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Looks sweet ! Like others I don't like the rear scar sling mounting point, because it's in your face, regardless of mounting system or design. A butt end solution would be awesome.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It looks awesome. I think the main thing is to keep weight down. With that and Sarge's SEAL and an optic every ounce will count. I don't want to have to take an extreme or drastic step...such as going to the gym.
Ahh,, come on now. Gym time makes for so much more of life possible! (been going for over 25 years, and I'll quit when then close the lid on me. :biggrin: Sure makes packing out an elk a piece at a time a whole lot easier.)

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have finalized some more PMM Products and have my Good to go "Green" Prototype 3D slugs on my rifle as seen below, I am still gauging interest on the this parts before committing to a roll out date. As you can also see I have several of my other "New" product offering on the gun in Green, what do you say boys would you rock a neon green rifle part?...:-D

Thanks for all your interest and hold strong! ~Jrod.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts