FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone this is Jarod From Parker Mountain Machine.(PMM)

Just wanted to take the time to stat a new thread for my existing customers and perhaps some customers to comment and ask questions regarding my SCAR QD mounts and any other Items or services I am offering.

THE PMM SCAR QD kit.

There are several issue that have been brought to my attention as of late regarding some of my QD kits.

Problem.#1

It seems that FN has let several 16 Rifles slide out the door with what appears to be different Rear Sling lug holes.
If you take a close look at the front an rear sling lug you should notice that the ID(Inner diameter) Profile of the front and rear are different, The front Lug is in the shape of an oval where as the rear are shaped more like rectangles with round edges.(Images below.)
both rear sling plate comparison..jpg
This was only brought recently to my attention by a customer, I have both a 16 and a 17 and they have almost identical Sling mounts on them.(the square tangs) Both my rifles were used for the original product development as well as several other testers.
Solution to problem #1.
Based on the input I have received with my customer my Standard Front QD mount fits his rifles rear sling so I am in the process of running a short batch of "oval" specific rear mounts. Not a real big deal just some slight dimension changes on the CNC program and this issue should be rectified, a new sub category will be added on my web page when ordering to select the rear sling mount of your rifle.

Problem# 2.
Stripped Allen socket caps. It has been brought to my attention that several of my customers would prefer the use of Torx hardware on the Mounts,and I could not agree more. However There currently is not a Torx Black oxide finished M3 available on the market
I originally designed the QD mounts I opted to use Metric Hardware as it is more widely available world wide and replacing bad bolt would be easier if you were in search on one in theater.

Solution to problem # 2.
I will now be supplying the kits with a Deeper Allen head socket that is still a M3 bolt this new bolt uses a larger 2.5mm Allen wrench and gives a better engagement between the bolt and Allen wrench.

Additional info.

1a.I will be adding the option to purchase a full 360* rotating SCAR QDkit to the site soon, Some guys like this option better, there fore you can have it!

1b. I have a Left Handed shooters kit ready to hit one of the mills I am still working out the final details on the rear lug as I would like it to be used with no interference on the rife with the stock in both the open and folded position, Stay tuned for that shortly.

1c. PMM is offering a 10% Active duty Military discount to all my customer please contact me for specifics prior to placing an order.

I am always available through E-mail if you guys need anything please fell free to contact me.
If you read my Bio on the Home page you will see Besides my wife I am a one man operation for now and Make it my duty to be available to you all for questions and answers Thanks again for your time.

~Jarod.

Here is some Eye Candy for all and a short video I made some time back enjoy!
DSC03081.jpg DSC03062.jpg DSC03065.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awesome product, I have one on my 16. Im also one of the ones who emailed you a few weeks ago about have a issue with it not fitting on my 16 till I did a little filing and got it to work.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Jarod-

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the rear sling mount and 16s', my 16s should be here today or tomorrow and your QD's shortly thereafter so I'll know of any fitting problems soon. Hopefully it'll be a non-issue, in the event there is a problem what is the lead time for the oval profiled rear mounts? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey SeanMac, Lead time is about 2 weeks plus or Minus I have some parts that are going on the Mill as soon as a shovel my driveway we are getting a pounding right now!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Very cool, again it may or may not be an issue, I'll know soon though. Thanks!

Hey SeanMac, Lead time is a bout 2 weeks plus or Minus I have some parts that are goung on the Mill as soon as a shovel my driveway we are getting a pounding right now!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just received mine for the 16s last week. No problems. They work great!

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Picked up two front mounts for my 16/17. Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
My forward and rear mounts look great! I'm finally gonna get a chance to put them to use in a run and gun class in a few weeks. Will report back once I test them out!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great product. Thanks for the military discount! Works great with the magpul MS4 sling. Be careful as suggested with the allen heads, 1 of mine nearly stripped out without putting much force on it.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Jarod,

Thank you for the excellent product, arriving in record time too! Fortunately my 16s finally decided to leap from the FedEx truck today and already has your QD's on it. I'm not sure if I have the original small screws or the new larger version, it would behoove me to have a few spares. :?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys I have added the Upgraded hardware kit to the site on the drop down menu, however I am still trying to figure out the logistics on the shipping As I only want to charge the cost of a stamp.
FYI I only have 2QD kits left in stock right now and I will have to put the on back order until I get my next batch of parts back for the hard coater, thanks so much for the support!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any update on the oval rears? After looking at mine, I'm one of the oval front and rear guys. Looking forward to ditching the 550 cord and MS3 for QD and MS4

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
UPS put the screws to me last week and lost a box of my parts in transit so I am back to the drawing board on another production run right now. When they are done I will let every one know.
~Jarod.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jarod:
I wanted to let you know that this product is working well for me, both front and rear fit fine, did not need to drill my stock or heat my receiver. Nice innovation and looking forward to many range days with it.
Louis

1 - 20 of 42 Posts