FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Pardon my ignorance... but what does 'bump' mean?? LOL, I am sooo clueless!

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
fltsrgn said:
Pardon my ignorance... but what does 'bump' mean??
An uneven spot on the surface of the highway. :D

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
fltsrgn said:
Pardon my ignorance... but what does 'bump' mean?? LOL, I am sooo clueless!
:evil: :p

BUMP = Bump To The Top
Example : Posting Bump (or anything) to a thread will "bump" it to the top of the list because of a new post. :-x

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I only put the parts with Part #s in the sticky because its easier to order if you have the number.
As for prices, they tend to change I do don't bother.

I can update the parts thread with your info.
Do you have any other part #s to add to them before I start?
It'll make it easier for me because the parts that I listed are actually in order by part #.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
ffemt596 said:
What does the RESTRICTED on the frame and pack status mean? Can I not order it? LE only?
It means if yours need repair or replacement you have to send the whole thing, rifle, back to FN and they will do it on that end.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is f'n stupid. I know if I needed to swap out the pack or stock I could do it on my own. I like these rifles but FNH USA needs to have better parts availability like most other manufacturers. This is one reason the Aug will far outlive the FS2000.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
ffemt596 said:
That is f'n stupid. I know if I needed to swap out the pack or stock I could do it on my own. I like these rifles but FNH USA needs to have better parts availability like most other manufacturers. This is one reason the Aug will far outlive the FS2000.
It's because some idiots try and alter the packs to make them go fast and destroy them in the process. Stocks have been trashed by homemade attempts at alterations also. Either will void the warranty.

Plus I think the stock is a serial numbered part.

That's also why if you send a rifle back for repair with a pack that's been tampered with FN will ship it back to you without repairing it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow. That's wonderful customer service.

I think I might just sell this rifle. I can't get some parts without shipping my rifle off. If I try to modify the pack to improve the trigger my warranty is voided. Parts can only be ordered from limited sources. The switch has a tendency to break. I love the ergonomics of the rifle and I like that it does not have proprietary mags like the Aug does, but you can get every single part you might want for the Aug from lots of places. And of course the good ole AR platform has endless sources and modifications. I really should have thought this purchase out a little more. I have only myself to blame. I guess I thought a major manufacturer would not be so restrictive with parts and mods. :cool:

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
The restrictions came AFTER some idiots monkeyed around with some units. The control part, aka the receiver is obviously not available directly to the public.

Try dealing with HK or SIG for spares. My money is on you not faring much better, and be ready to get a tongue lashing from the HK reps for being a customer. :p

An easy way to get spare parts is to just buy another complete rifle. If something breaks, you just rape the back-up rifle and call FN for a shipping label on the back-up. Simple. :?

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just fork out close to 2 grand and you have a whole spare parts kit. That's crazy. I really wanted a stock (frame) to experiment with. I was going to work on a bolt catch like the Aug. Pretty much got it figured out. I have a couple designs in mind and a spare stock would be needed to test them out. I don't need a replacement, I wanted an extra. I am not buying an entire rifle for it. The difference between FN and HK, Sig is this:

https://www.cogunsales.com/index.ph...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5&vmcchk=1&Itemid=5

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/home.asp

Easy to find spare parts without even having to deal with the manufacturer. Find it, buy it, fix it yourself, or have spares. There are lots of sources for HK and Sig while FN has how many? It's irritating since I really like the rifles. I am not putting the rifle down at all. I just hate being limited on parts and the ability to customize it or improve it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts