FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite local 25-yds indoors range is closed for renovation so I had to go to a 15-yds range. At least I got the sights zeroed in for 15-yds. When the longer range opened up, I can always rezero the gun. At least I know more or less where it will shoot now and that it actually works. :twisted:

The gun has better accuracy potentials than I thought it would be despite the longgggggg trigger pull.

I first zeroed in the H1, and amazingly enough windage was just about dead on while elevation was extremely low. Had to dial up elevation considerably and of course, like a typical cave man, I can't leave anything good enough alone. I had to fudge with the windage and through the damn thing way to the right. Thus spent more rounds bringing it back on target again. I told myself that I gotta shoot these boolits anyway...at least that's what I told myself.

Got the impact points dead on at 15-yds and then I dropped the impact points down to about 2" low. Hopefully that'll bring it dead on at 25-yds.

The iron sight was practically dead on right from the box. Just a hair high at 15-yds. So I dropped the point of impact down a bit so that it'd hit dead on at 25-yds.

Afterward, I pretty much wasted the rest of the 300-rds of ammo (100-FN and 200-American Eagle) fooling around checking the gun's functionality and ergonomics. Got that mutha smokin' after a mag dump. Hey, it's 4th of July weekend!!!

It's definitely a fun toy. I might have to find me an FN57 pistol to accompany this carbine now.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't use the sight tool that comes with it? The caps are there for adjustment but they aren't all that easy to hold onto. They're good for reference on which direction to crank and that's about it.

I just sighted my ps90 with a micro h-1 yesterday I messed it up I didn't know you could use the caps I was just cranking away.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just assumed the windage and elevation was written on the dial and without reading manual I started doing full clicks it was awful on my part. I got it down 60 rounds or so majority using reloads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey there,
Interested in your thought process on choosing a 25 yard zero. I chose to do a 40/240 zero like an AR. That gives me MPBR from 15 to 150 meters. With a 25 yard zero where are you going to be at 40, 50, and 100 meters?

Not trying to pick a fight, just wanting to understand how others are setting up their optics.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey there,
Interested in your thought process on choosing a 25 yard zero. I chose to do a 40/240 zero like an AR. That gives me MPBR from 15 to 150 meters. With a 25 yard zero where are you going to be at 40, 50, and 100 meters?

Not trying to pick a fight, just wanting to understand how others are setting up their optics.
I have no idea where the bullet impacts will be for further distances with a 25-yds zero. Right now it's zeroed for 15-yds. I need to take it out to an outdoors range and zero it for 25-yds then shoot it at various distances out to 200-yds and see what the real impact points are like.

I'm used to zeroing my military type semiautos at 25-meters. That's about the only reason why I'm doing the same to the PS90.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm using a Aimpoint Patrol in a TROS mount. I'm getting results similar to the chart. 3-4 inches low at conversational distance, a couple low at 25. Dead on at 40 and solid hits on steal out to 130 easy. except at super short range its basically "put the thing on the thing and pull the thing".

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm using a Aimpoint Patrol in a TROS mount. I'm getting results similar to the chart. 3-4 inches low at conversational distance, a couple low at 25. Dead on at 40 and solid hits on steal out to 130 easy. except at super short range its basically "put the thing on the thing and pull the thing".
I was going to zero mine ala M4 style with the point of impact a couple of inches low at 25-yds.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
My white ring sights are completely out of adjustment. I've tightened as far clockwise as it will go and it's still hitting 6" right. Tightening the Allen screw afterwards makes no changes. Thoughts?
I'm sure you know this but the allen screw just locks down the adjustment rings. The adjustment rings are very sensitive, a little movement makes a big change in the point of aim.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah that was my attempt at explaining I know how it works. I loosened the Allen screw and took the adjustment as far clockwise as it woukd go until it was tightened in. Then I retightened the Allen screw. Still 6" to the right

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Try taking the upper off and looking down the barrel at the target and adjusting the ring sight to match.

·
Vendor
5,975 Posts
My white ring sights are completely out of adjustment. I've tightened as far clockwise as it will go and it's still hitting 6" right. Tightening the Allen screw afterwards makes no changes. Thoughts?
Do you have side rails on it? Sometimes the screws on the side rails are very long and hinder the Ring Sight adjustments.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you have side rails on it? Sometimes the screws on the side rails are very long and hinder the Ring Sight adjustments.
Thank you so much by the way. That was exactly it. I overcompensated with the sight adjustment and then brought it back with tightening the side rail with some trial and error. It's back on track now. Thanks again

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Good to hear that you got it corrected. :?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts