FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured out my broken part is a "switch" and I called FN for parts which routed me to Winchester parts department. They have no parts. WTF?

I just bought a brand new rifle which I cannot use cause it came broken and I cannot replace the broken part till maybe after the new year. Whenever they get a shipment which means no specific timeline.

Anyone know any other source for FS 2000 parts???

P.S. I notice that not a lot of new posts are made here. Are there not a lot of fs 2000 owners commenting?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Why not take it back to the place where you bought it. Most gun stores have a warranty, limited or otherwise to handle such issues.

Zhur

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Why not just take it back to where you bought it?"

Because I am in the peoples republic of Commiefornia and our local stores do not carry these. We need to jump through all kinds of hoops to own one of these and shipping it directly to a ffl but not a chain/local store is just the first. Sending it back could take forever. Replacing the part is quick and easy IF YOU CAN GET THE PART : )

SHIPWRECK thank you for the good lead to Mr. Ailes. He is THE MAN. Called me personally less than two hours after I emailed him the details. Spent a good amount of time with me explaining why my issue happened, how to avoid it and the icing on the cake.....he was going to personally get me a new "switch" MERRY XMAS to me & THANK YOU FNH and a big THANK YOU to Mr. Bob Ailes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yes please do tell so the rest of us can avoid that problem!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
No joke, let us know what/how it broke..

It appears to be nylon, and well designed, but breaking the switch is not impossible clearly.

Did you break it while removing it from the bolt assy?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
easy g said:
"Why not just take it back to where you bought it?"

Because I am in the peoples republic of Commiefornia and our local stores do not carry these. We need to jump through all kinds of hoops to own one of these and shipping it directly to a ffl but not a chain/local store is just the first. Sending it back could take forever. Replacing the part is quick and easy IF YOU CAN GET THE PART : )

SHIPWRECK thank you for the good lead to Mr. Ailes. He is THE MAN. Called me personally less than two hours after I emailed him the details. Spent a good amount of time with me explaining why my issue happened, how to avoid it and the icing on the cake.....he was going to personally get me a new "switch" MERRY XMAS to me & THANK YOU FNH and a big THANK YOU to Mr. Bob Ailes.
No problem. Glad I could help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all, regarding how the switch can break, Mr. Ailes said that improper placement of the bolt carrier assembly (and thus the switch) is the first step in a two step process that can crack or break your switch. The second is slamming the upper into place or just doing it too fast.

He said that you should pay close attention to the manual re assembly instructions to make sure you have everything aligned correctly and ease the upper down the rails/into place.

On a positive note this seems to be a problem SOLELY related to operator error and NOT likely to arise from use/shooting. I will admit I was a little bit apprehensive about the durability of the gun until I spoke with Bob Ailes. I will be ordering parts as soon as they are available and will also be going extra slow and soft when assembling/disassembling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts