FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[video]http://video.foxnews.com/v/3428634303001/patriots-stop-protesters-from-disrespecting-american-flag/?playlist_id=921261890001#sp=show-clips[/video]

Two soldiers take back the flag from a couple of worthless yuppies. I only wish they caught them and caved their heads in.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Free speech or not, just because you can doesn't always mean you should. You have the right to call me an a**hole, I don't recommend it. On a side note, I hate hippies, GOD bless our troops!
510a917ad8826f5c798be207e861f1ec06d6875908a81ab0a1652fb6c5458312.jpg

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Where do you hide money from a hippie?

Under the soap.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Were they really disrespecting the flag? It was upside down. What is the standard for that in the US? It means "distress" in some countries (therefore not desecration). Is that true here as well? I am unsure. Can someone explain?

1A protects you from state interference with free speech with (at the risk of rousing keystone183) some boundaries on that protection.

As per hippies, well, maybe so. But you would do well to remember two things:
1. This is a protest of yet another extremely questionable shooting;
2. According to the police the protestors turned violent. Maybe. Twice in my life I have witnessed (as a bystander) gatherings turn violent. The media ate the police line that they responded when the crowd turned violent. Only trouble: in both cases I saw the outbreak and the cops just lost their patience with an otherwise 1A protected assembly. The police were the instigators. I am not sure that happened here or whether it is even usually the case (2 observations is a small sample), but we would do well to be a little skeptical of the official line I think.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Where do you hide money from a hippie?

Under the soap.
That's some funny shat right there....
Bravo !

Like said above... and I try not to talk politics but can't help myself ... sometimes !
I wish they could have caught them also & while caving their heads in .... stop for 1 moment and let me kick their teeth in !
Also said above... Just because I am an arsehole doesn't mean it is a good idea to call me one ! Especially if it's one of those days when I don't want to play word games...

Reactions: blkbd

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Were they really disrespecting the flag? It was upside down. What is the standard for that in the US? It means "distress" in some countries (therefore not desecration). Is that true here as well? I am unsure. Can someone explain?

1A protects you from state interference with free speech with (at the risk of rousing keystone183) some boundaries on that protection.

As per hippies, well, maybe so. But you would do well to remember two things:
1. This is a protest of yet another extremely questionable shooting;
2. According to the police the protestors turned violent. Maybe. Twice in my life I have witnessed (as a bystander) gatherings turn violent. The media ate the police line that they responded when the crowd turned violent. Only trouble: in both cases I saw the outbreak and the cops just lost their patience with an otherwise 1A protected assembly. The police were the instigators. I am not sure that happened here or whether it is even usually the case (2 observations is a small sample), but we would do well to be a little skeptical of the official line I think.
Ok... so what does disrespecting the flag have to do with the " Police " and their questionable shooting ?
Not much my friend.
I really don't want to go into this but may say this post bothers me.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
A friend pointed me to the answer:

Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

I am told that this is basically unenforceable, but is the official position.

So, after reading this I would say that from an official standpoint they were in fact disrespecting the flag (whatever danger it was not "extreme").

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
They were in danger !!!!!....LOL
Had those 2 warfighters caught up with them....
I'm sorry I'm a little out of wack today, kind of getting wore down . It is very unfortunate the mistaken shooting , however the protestors I have no patience for.
Who exactly are they??? the homeless mans family ? Or some young " yippies ' looking to protest what ? Something that is none of their business or are they paid from some left wing entity.
If they wanted to do some real good they could donate their time at a homeless shelter .

I'll be moving on now ! I have no beef with anyone. Except Politicians of course.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ok... so what does disrespecting the flag have to do with the " Police " and their questionable shooting ?
Not much my friend.
I really don't want to go into this but may say this post bothers me.
Best to just ignore this type of post. I just skip over and don't let them bother me.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Good for them!!!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
A friend pointed me to the answer:

Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

I am told that this is basically unenforceable, but is the official position.

So, after reading this I would say that from an official standpoint they were in fact disrespecting the flag (whatever danger it was not "extreme").
If they were flying it in regards to the obumma administration and what they have done to this country then I would shake (with gloves) there hand, But something tells me they most likely voted for him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts