FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these up at the local gun show last weekend. It's polymer cased ammunition.
I paid $40 for 200 rounds of .223, 55gr tracers. I had to work last weekend so I got to the gun show kind of late in the day. There were only two guys there selling this ammo and all was gone except the tracers. They are a bit more $$ than the rest of the bunch, however $40 bucks for 200 tracer rounds isn't bad at all. In fact, it's a bargain! It weighs 24% less than brass ammo as well....

The color coding is for ease of visual identification:

White = 55 &62-grain FMJ BT
Blue = 55-grain HP BT
Black = 69-grain Sierra Match King
Gray = 55-grain PSP
Red = 55-grain Tracer
Green 55-grain Sierra Blitz King
Sand = 55-grain FMJ

·
Registered
302 Posts
They work well ive shot a few boxes for the hell of it. From what I read the other day the people who where makeing it went under.

Oh, one more thing dont fire them out of any weapon with a fluted chamber... :oops:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amtech, Inc. is the company that went under. Natec, is the company that makes (PCA-spectrum) ammunition now (formerly Amtech, Inc.). They are producing polymer-cased cartridges under a cooperative R&D agreement with the US Army. The company claims that because of the polymer’s insulating characteristics – less heat transfer results in more efficient energy utilization -- bullets can be loaded with 15% less propellant and still deliver ballistic performance similar to conventional ammo. An unanticipated and noted benefit was a reduced flash resulting from the polymer-cased ammo as well. With the skyrocketing cost of ammunition I think you will be seeing more ammunition like this. This company has been supplying Blackwater USA with this ammo for over a year now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went to the auction in NY and bought lots of this ammo and supplies and a couple of guns when their bankrupsy auction went last year. its realyl garbage stuff. i shooting some of it in my shorty full auto and it melted so much plastic into my gas tube i had to buy a new one. it may be ok in piston weapon full auto but not a gas weapon.

us army said it failed all testing and requirements and that is why they went out of business. im stuck with thousands of rounds of tracers and ball ammo and refuse to shoot it out of my stuff anymore.

good luch with it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts