FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice. Im more interested in the LMG...Look at that lower handguard, obviously there to protect the hand from heat transfer. Great set of pics and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
All they need in that pic is the SSR :shock:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
waffenmacht said:
Nice. Im more interested in the LMG...Look at that lower handguard, obviously there to protect the hand from heat transfer. Great set of pics and thanks for sharing.
i just want the drum the LMG uses...

·
Registered
3,964 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bastard :-D Now i want one :p

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I contacted FNH and they told the stock is still in prototype status and not sure when/if it will be available

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Hi ya CD!!! :)

Thanks for posting that!!!

Long time not see, glad to your still around. :?

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
I see it as a novelty. I've never been crazy about that type of stock on a center-fire weapon that sports a rifle cartridge either.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
I see it as a novelty. I've never been crazy about that type of stock on a center-fire weapon that sports a rifle cartridge either.

So, you don't like the collapsible stock's on the HK G3's? :-D

Yeah, they aren't terribly comfortable, even when you're not shooting.

But for the sake of compactness, I understand them on a weapon like this. But I think I might rather take a P90 in instances where the SCAR PDW would be used.

·
Registered
129 Posts
djv38 said:
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:

So, you don't like the collapsible stock's on the HK G3's? :-D

Yeah, they aren't terribly comfortable, even when you're not shooting.

But for the sake of compactness, I understand them on a weapon like this. But I think I might rather take a P90 in instances where the SCAR PDW would be used.
I agree.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Yes. :shock:

This application is where the P90 really shines and was designed for. :?

after all, 50 rounds at the ready is better than 30, right? :D

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Yup, and it even has a longer barrel :D

What's the comparison of the 5.7 out of a 10" barrel to a 5.56 out of a 6 or 7" bbl (velocity, range etc.)? I have a feeling the SS190 would be comparable in range to most 5.56 stuff coming out of a barrel that short.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:

I agree. :?

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Nice weapon, but since FN will never sell it or the parts to the public it will remain eye candy. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have many more pictures that I'll try to post at a later date. I had seen the SCAR PDW in FNH's military catalog earlier this year but felt like a kid in a candy store when I first laid eyes on it this past week at the NDIA Infantry & Small Arms Systems in Indianapolis. At the live fire demo on Thursday I slacked on my responsibilities a bit to go over to FNH's firing position to be one of the first to put some rounds down range. Took my own mags (3) loaded with SOST, M855A1, & M855, no issues, the gun ran like a raped ape. One of the FN guys had told me upfront that the cheek piece is a POS and I agree, but told they plan to fix it. I'm aware of the SCAR PDW being tested recently by a certain military entity but no plans to put it to use in the forseeable future. All available funds are being spent on the Mk17.

·
Registered
318 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:

But the 5.56 NATO cartridge is better than the 5.7mm cartridge almost always.

And compatibility in ammo and magazines between a PDW and your other carbines/rifles would be a real plus.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Considering the short barrel, I would say the terminal ballistics are severely hampered in the 5.56 cartridge whereas the 5.7 was designed specifically for the stubby barrel. :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts