FN Herstal Firearms banner

Pelican Case Optioin for the PS90

19K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  tqtran 
#1 ·
At the last gun show, I took my new PS90 over to a Pelican case dealer and tried the PS90 in the 1510 model (laptop computer case).

If you break down the PS90, it fits perfect. I almost bought one, but I figured I had spent enough for the day...

If you have fitted your PS90 in a case, let's see some photos.

:shock:

#4 ·
Do a search for "Pelican 1495" and you should find the thread and pics. bhami posted it.

That is the one I will probably get, when I get one... If I can find a way to get a pistol in there too it will be perfect for me.

TA

#7 ·
I bought a Stormcase 2700 for my SBR. Since I have about $3,500 into the gun and optic, I figured $160 to protect it was not out of line.

Stormcases rock over Pelican or Starlight IMO. My only issues are the stock pick and pluck foam and the 8" depth is 2" more than necessary for a gun. I can fix the foam issue easy enough.

#8 ·
MrPink said:
I bought a Stormcase 2700 for my SBR. Since I have about $3,500 into the gun and optic, I figured $160 to protect it was not out of line.

Stormcases rock over Pelican or Starlight IMO. My only issues are the stock pick and pluck foam and the 8" depth is 2" more than necessary for a gun. I can fix the foam issue easy enough.
Can you fit guns in the stormcases without plucking out the foam? I ask because I'm not sure if I just want 1 case to use on all my guns or if I want to custom make a case for each one.

#9 ·
Re: the Storm Cases, I'd posted this in the 2k acc. section a bit ago:

http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=1994

Bottom line, if you get a Storm case, it looks like you can also order replacement foam fairly cheap (shop around), and the case can then be customized several ways - or kept generic. I personally ordered another style case . . . but the Storm's sure look nice. Might just have to get one too.

#12 ·
Pelican 1510

This is the Pelican 1510 "pull along" type case, with wheels on the bottom and an extendable carry handle.

Stock foam was removed, and new foam without the pre-made cuts was ordered from a local foam company. I had the foam cut so that there is 2 layers, and I got some 1/4" thick MDF board with two pull tabs between the layers. This give me a whole 2nd section under the PS90 that I can make new cutouts on, for a suppressor, or a FiveseveN pistol, ammo, sights, etc.

Cheers!

Onyx

#15 ·
i actually like the white case, before i wanted black. also i like the double foam idea where you could put stuff below, i think this makes for a handy yet small package to conceal multiple firearms, ammo, and accessories.

i think due to the size and color of the case no one in a minute would think you have a firearm let alone a ps90 in it, where as a longer case might scream RIFLE!

good job! :shock:

#17 ·
MrPink said:
Stormcases rock over Pelican or Starlight IMO.
+1

As everyone that has ever owned both a Storm Case and a Pelican case can tell you, the Storm case is a better case for Rifles.
Pelican cases have a tendancy to bend and warp on the sides due to the fact that they only have latches on the front and not the sides where as the Storm cases have latches on both front and sides.
Its kind of hard to keep an airtight seal when you are leaking air on the sides.

They will cost about the same but the Storm case is a better case for rifles.
Also the latches are easier to operate than the Pelican ones.

I have a few of both Storm and Pelican cases and I only like the small pelican cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.