FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
I shot mine into some 2"thk polypropylene and it penetrated less than the bullet length. The back of the bullet was still sticking out of the plastic, as well as part of the dislodged/melted blue tip.
I was pretty amazed at how well the plastic held up, it seemed like it was too dense and basically collapsed on the bullet as it entered.
A 9mm didn't do much more damage.

I'll have to grab some scrap pcs of SS, steel, alum, etc from around the shop I work at and have at it. As well as some random plastics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I shot ss197 at 1/2" steel diamond plate at 50yds and it just mushroomed and stuck to it. There wasn't even a dimple, or at least not a measurable difference in the steel. I should have taken pics... next time I'm at the range I'll get some...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Check out Wildeye's SS91 ammo over in the BACA Ballistics forum on here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wasn't trying to penetrate steel. If I was I would use my AR; I was just letting the guy know what my experience was. As far as I was concerned, I just wanted to hear the "ding" when I shot the pop-up...

I could care less what ammo I'm using, the gun is accurate with whatever I feed it...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Well, my experince is that you first have to take of the pa.. crap - wrong forum. :lol:

This tabbed interface is going to get me into a lot of trouble one day.

-TH

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
rutt359 said:
As far as I was concerned, I just wanted to hear the "ding" when I shot the pop-up...
If thats all you want to hear then you need to use SS195.
You can hear it everytime.
I have shot it against Steel and Aluminum using the FiveseveN pistol.
It did almost nothing to the steel, about 1mm trimmed off:

Now the Aluminum plate had several nice size craters in it.

Maybe I'll have to try this test again with my PS90 one day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmm.. We were shooting old iron pots and pans from 20ft, and the blue tips were punching clean thru them (from 2 different PS90's AND a five seven) we were summarily impressed, keeping in mind that that the weapon is designed for short range encounters, not a 200 (or even 50 yard, for that matter) need to keep in mind what it was designed to do, and from everything that I have witnessed, it lives up to the design specs! 8) 8)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i got some of his 55 grain ammo and some tracers, i havent fired it yet i only had some time today zeroing in my 700 with 150 grain spbt .308 today i was supposed to go coyote hunting but my friends bricked on me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts