FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the P90 has better penetrating qualities than the Five-seveN because it accelerates the round down more barrel. Is the Five-seveN pistol still capable of penetrating level IIIa kevlar, assuming you are shooting the duty round (SS190)? How about other rounds?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
remington said:
I understand that the P90 has better penetrating qualities than the Five-seveN because it accelerates the round down more barrel. Is the Five-seveN pistol still capable of penetrating level IIIa kevlar, assuming you are shooting the duty round (SS190)? How about other rounds?

I dont think that is a topic i am going to get in to.... why is that all people think about when it come to this round....Please dont contrubute to the Media HYPE my friend and drop it...... The 5.7x28 is an perfect platform for rabbits :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,552 Posts
Yes, we don't usually talk about armor penetration here. It really has no usefulness in the real world for the avg citizen, and goes towards giving a negative connotation to the round and the guns that shoot the rounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Frankly for any kind of self defense use, a round that really is armor piercing would be the LAST thing you'd want to use.

Punching clean .22 sized holes in someone invading your house won't stop them very well.

I want tumbling, fragmentation, and expansion; none of which you will get with AP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
yah in a gun fight you only have one chance to pull the trigger the same time as the other guy with a 22 hole clean trough will still be very much in the fight getting hit with a .9 to a .45 could very well end it right there with 19 rds of 190 left in your gun look so could the 5.7 but i will not carry it i have seen guys take 6 rds of .45 ball and live no torso shots he is a friend of mine 280-300 lbs 6'0 ft his arm dont work any more and he got a bad limp when he walks but for the most part hes ok the mex was a bad shot :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
TexasRifleman said:
Frankly for any kind of self defense use, a round that really is armor piercing would be the LAST thing you'd want to use.

Punching clean .22 sized holes in someone invading your house won't stop them very well.

I want tumbling, fragmentation, and expansion; none of which you will get with AP.
The 5.7 was in fact designed to be AP, but ALSO tumble. It IS the perfect self defense (in home) weapon IMO (using SS190, SS192 and SS195, all have the same tumble/penetration results, made differently, one got a bad name, the other didn't).

You guys obviously own the gun, learn about the ammo too damn it! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Hey i absolutly love the 5.7 round but it is going too fast to stop at 5 feet it will tumble right out the back and the 190 will travel a stright line......IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
abpt1 said:
Hey i absolutly love the 5.7 round but it is going too fast to stop at 5 feet it will tumble right out the back and the 190 will travel a stright line......IMO
I'm not sure I have seen test's at 5 feet, but close range ballistic reports state otherwise (10 yards/50feet)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
but the 197 since i have tested that out will do a lot of soft target damage....... alot
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
abpt1 said:
Hey i absolutly love the 5.7 round but it is going too fast to stop at 5 feet it will tumble right out the back and the 190 will travel a stright line......IMO
This SS192 looks like it tumbles pretty good to me, in a short distace even after a Level II vest vest penatration fired from a Fiveseven Pistol

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
somewhere i am not allowed because i pissed off bclown :roll: :?: :arrow:

I said i was sorry dam worse than a woman...... :lol:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top