FN Herstal Firearms banner

Perhaps an interest in a CZ SP-01 Custom

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Orion 
#1 ·
I've been looking at the CZ 75 SP-01 Custom, on their site, and it looks like it would be a fun and accurate gun, with fairly mild recoil. Does anyone have any experience with this gun?

I've been trying to find a 9mm handgun that will shoot as well for me as my Ruger Mark II Government Target Model, and some people have said that the Custom SP-01 is quite accurate.

I also was on the Para Ordinance site and thought the PX198S looked good as well.

#2 ·
Best $850.00 purchase I ever made. I've never heard anyone speak an unkind word about one. Excellent trigger (I had them remove the firing pin block) great sights, wonderful grip... very accurate.

#5 ·
$850.00, or at least they were... their webpage doesn't seem to be working at the moment...

There are some utube vids of it in action. Angus moves pretty good for a fat boy! :-D

#10 ·
I just received an email from Angus and he gave these prices:

“SP01 Custom” $900.00 plus $50.00 shipping Coco Bolo grips

“SP01 Custom” Tactical $930.00 plus $50.00 shipping Coco Bolo grips

“Sp01 Custom LPA” $1030.00 plus $50.00 Shipping Coco Bolo grips

Now, I replied back as to what it means for the "Tactical" or the "LPA".

Also, what is the inherant danger in having the firing pin block removed?

Oh, and Texas Armadillo, . . . . . . . . . WOW!! That's all I have to say. How is the recoil on this gun as compared to any other 9mm semi auto you've shot?

One more question. Is this gun more accurate than the Five Seven (assuming you own one)?

#12 ·
One of my friends paid about 550 for his PX4 Storm and when he tried to sell it at a gun shop they wanted to give him 275 for it!!!!!! Half of what he paid for it. He only put 150 rounds through it. I told him not to accept anything lower than 400. He finally sold it at a gun show for 400. I saw one guy sell his PX4 for 250 at the same gun store, went back and saw it for 475 used and new ones for 550. I wanted to tell the people what they are doing is a rip off but decided against it.

#13 ·
Also, what is the inherant danger in having the firing pin block removed?
You droppy, it could go bangy?

Oh, and Texas Armadillo, . . . . . . . . . WOW!! That's all I have to say. How is the recoil on this gun as compared to any other 9mm semi auto you've shot?
Thanx! Reciol is a little less than my other 9's. That may be due to a lighter recoil spring and the fact that it has more weight forward of my hand than the others. The gun is tuned to use Hobdell's match loads, which I guess are light loads, I would like to try some of those in it.

One more question. Is this gun more accurate than the Five Seven (assuming you own one)?
At the short ranges I usually shoot handguns at (7 to 25 yards) every gun I own is capable of holding very tight groups with decent ammo. What makes a gun accurate for me during slow fire is if I have a calm steady grip, and it has a good trigger so that I don't pull the gun off target while pulling the trigger. The grip on this gun fits my hand very well, making it easy to hold a relaxed grip with no shake. The trigger on this gun will make you giggle like a school girl even when dry firing. It almost feels like a target rifle. You just put the sights on the middle of the target and concentrate on the front sight. The trigger pull is so smooth and light I get small groups. And I have only fed it WWB.

I have not used this gun for anything but slow firing at paper. I would like to use it for waht it was made for someday.

#14 ·
Furyataurus said:
One of my friends paid about 550 for his PX4 Storm and when he tried to sell it at a gun shop they wanted to give him 275 for it!!!!!! Half of what he paid for it. He only put 150 rounds through it. I told him not to accept anything lower than 400. He finally sold it at a gun show for 400. I saw one guy sell his PX4 for 250 at the same gun store, went back and saw it for 475 used and new ones for 550. I wanted to tell the people what they are doing is a rip off but decided against it.
I have sold many guns - but I sell it on online forums. Never sell 1 back to a gun shop.

But, I bought my 40 cal PX4 new for $399 in Feb. (at a gunshow)

#15 ·
Is there any reason to think that the Tactical Sport model would be any more accurate?

As for the firing pin block, . . . . with it NOT removed, in what way would the trigger be "less desireable" than an SP-01 WITH it removed?

Since the price of this Custom Shop gun is $950, shipped, would anyone [then] suggest going with the Para Ordinance 9mm with the 18+1 ammo capacity? It just seems like these 1911 style pistols are much more common. But is it a "because everyone else is doing it" type of thing, or are they just "really great platforms", perhaps even better than the CZ products (specifically the Para Ord 9mm pistol in question)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.