FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your opinne on personal protection ammo for a G23, 45, 41 mag make and GR..... i use speer Gold Dot, but not sure what GR to use in each gun........ :?

Burt

·
Registered
131 Posts
Since when does Glock make a 41 mag ? There is no such Glock in current production ! If there was I would own it and I don't ! I use hydra shock in all, the center point will punch through most low level armor and is great in the winter for penetrating layers of clothing ! The only one I load different is my Glock 20, I alternate Hydra Shock and 180 grn. FMJ when runnin around the back country. This allows excellent stopping power and penetration in one clip load. If you do have a Glock produced 41 mag(not a conversion) then post a picture of the current gun and tell me where you got it ?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
No, he is listiing different calibers and asking what everyone likes ine ach.

For 45 cal, I carried WInchester SXT for years. I prev had several 1911s, and the shape of the ammo caused it to work great. It was round enough to keep it from jamming.

Unfortunately, I have seen recently, people referring to some ammo test that said the SXT round isn't that good. I don't have a source, and I haven't read the test myself - but I have seen people comment on it.

In 9mm, I used hydrashok for years and years. Now, I just get the WInchester White Box personal protection JHP rounds from Wal-Mart. U get 50 for the price of 20, and I have seen some tests that show that they perform just as well as any other name brand round (so, it's not like I am buying bargain basement stuff).

The other calibers U asked about - I can't comment on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Winchester SXT is one of the better civilian rounds. It does not perform as well as the Ranger SXT but it was not made for LE use so it would not have to.

Some people test it with LE grade ammo than mock it because it did not perform as well as the others.

Its kind of like hooking a large camping trailer to a Ford Ranger and the same size trailer to a Ford F250 to see which one pulls better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
180gr Fed Hydra-Shoks in my .40S&W CCW, although I just picke3d up some Ranger SXT I may rotate in.

185gr Win Silvertip HPs in my .45ACP home defense weapon

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm really liking what I've been reading on the Corbon DPX, solid copper ones. The reduced fragmentation seems like a good thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts