FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,333 Posts
If the EA SM4 stuff were actually available at non-vulture prices, I guess 2,500 FPS wouldn't be so elusive out of the pistol. Oh well. I'm going to leave this up and see if that interest I thought might exist ever comes to fruition.
I actually snagged a box (25 rounds) of Elite S4M, it was delivered yesterday. You have to drop in on their web site several times a day. When they post it, it goes FAST!

Availability of Elite ammo should be improving towards the end of the year, they invested a TON of money in a machine to manufacture their own 5.7X28 brass.

To my knowledge, that will make them and FN the ONLY manufacturers of 5.7X28 brass on the planet.

· Registered
1,333 Posts
As Pursuit said, stalk their website and you can accumulate it over time with no problem. Shooting it however presents a few challenges as already mentioned including voiding your warranty; similar situation if Liberty manufactured-reloads void your warranty. It's a dynamic caliber for certain. What exactly are you hopeful to do with this round that SS198 can't do performance wise, even at a slower velocity?
As to voiding the warranty, under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, I would think that might be difficult for them to call ammo from Elite "reloaded" or "re manufactured" because the accepted industry definition of those terms is using fired brass. Elite tears down NEW FN ammo (Fiocchi) and uses the new brass. It's going to be even more "interesting" when Elite begins using their own brass.

· Registered
1,333 Posts
Specifically, the S4M stuff. I'm not really interested in loads that sport fundamentally unimproved velocity over what FN is cranking out at nearly $2 per round. Or is the S4M dead? I've NEVER seen it in stock. Ever.
As I pointed out in Post #18 of this thread, I just received 25 rounds of S4M from Elite.

The reason you never see it in stock is it sells out almost immediately when posted on their web site. I check their web site several times a day. I'm only interested in the S4M and the T6B.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.