FN Herstal Firearms banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
More ammunition manufacturers is ALWAYS a good thing. I am not content with SS198. It fails the FBI's ballistics tests, which is data you can take or leave, but only tells me that it leaves something to be desired. It's not a defensive round. It's a secondary duty or practice round, designed for fire in doors or in states where lead ammo isn't an option. I'm not content with discontinued lines of FN ammo either, because they will eventually be all gone. How could anyone possibly be content with those options? I will also request that Liberty makes 5.7 ammunition.

· Registered
2 Posts
My first post/reply. I am very happy with what I can do with Liberty's Silver for my 9mm pistol. Awesome performance indeed. I would be one to run to get similar ammo but for the 5.7x28mm. My concern here is that now a days there are a number of manufacturers that are producing weapons in this caliber such Excel Arms (Excel Industries, Inc.) and also Master Piece Arms. I'm sure these new designs in the 5.7 cal will for sure behave somewhat differently than FN's pistol, their machine pistol and also their SCAR 5.7. Thus, I would be concerned with performance out of all these weapons that follow very different paradigms. My recommendation will be for Liberty if they so go ahead with this idea to plan to test that ammo on all these weapons and not only on FN products. I own an Excel Accelerator 5.7x28mm semi auto pistol and I know it behaves differently than a typical FN 5.7.

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

· Registered
225 Posts
The excell arms Excellerator 22mag was going to be my second choice after the ps90, but after reading reviews there were WAY more issues with excells weapon. NONE of the many many reviews I read/watched on the ps90 ever mentioned any Failure to feed/fire. there are not many firearms that are quite this reliable and so far I am VERY happy with mine.

· Registered
2 Posts
Reliable Excel pistol?

My first post/reply. I am very happy with what I can do with Liberty's Silver for my 9mm pistol. Awesome performance indeed. I would be one to run to get similar ammo but for the 5.7x28mm. My concern here is that now a days there are a number of manufacturers that are producing weapons in this caliber such Excel Arms (Excel Industries, Inc.) and also Master Piece Arms. I'm sure these new designs in the 5.7 cal will for sure behave somewhat differently than FN's pistol, their machine pistol and also their SCAR 5.7. Thus, I would be concerned with performance out of all these weapons that follow very different paradigms. My recommendation will be for Liberty if they so go ahead with this idea to plan to test that ammo on all these weapons and not only on FN products. I own an Excel Accelerator 5.7x28mm semi auto pistol and I know it behaves differently than a typical FN 5.7.

View attachment 80713
I certainly agree that my (repeat, my own) Excel pistol on 5.7x28 is not a reliable gun. I would never use it for anything but target shooting. Half of the time the rounds do not chamber and my educated opinion is because the extension spring that controls the slide is far too strong (it breaks at 30 pounds!!!) and catches the "next" round while entering the chamber. At that moment the round gets stuck half way the chamber. It does not help at all that the magazine has a very weak spring that does not correspond with the "necessary" compression to act faster than the extension spring of the slide.

Having said that, when the gun fires, it's absolutely on target, and it's very precise and an excellent shooter when it works. I am now experimenting with those springs and changing their working or operating rate. Maybe I can find a solution. Would I like to have a good 5.7 FNH pistol? Indeed yes - however, my retirement income is far too small to be able to afford one. So, for the time being I make it do with my Excel. Thank you for reading and your comments. :<>:

· Registered
78 Posts

View attachment 80713
Huh?

Does the concept of "word salad" strike you when you RE-read your post?

Excel Arms does NOT make a 9mm handgun. They build a .22 Magnum and a 5.7x28...regardless of what you state.

The 5.7x28 cartridge will perform quite well from a properly designed BLOWBACK design....or from the properly designed DELAYED blowback FiveseveN pistol!

· Registered
848 Posts
Huh?

Does the concept of "word salad" strike you when you RE-read your post?

Excel Arms does NOT make a 9mm handgun. They build a .22 Magnum and a 5.7x28...regardless of what you state.

The 5.7x28 cartridge will perform quite well from a properly designed BLOWBACK design....or from the properly designed DELAYED blowback FiveseveN pistol!
Judging by your "online" demeanor Operator, you play well with others, have you invested any thought into maybe Boris has more than ONE firearm? And Boris' text was COHERENT IMO.

By the way welcome to the forums Boris.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.