FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a scenario for you. Lets say that there has been some sort of break down of society ( the cause doesn't matter ). Your neighboring state has become aggressive towards your state and is invading. You rise to your states request for volunteers to fight. You are required to bring your own rifle and pistol.

Now lets say the gun shop down the street from you is the end all be all of gun shops. They have every rifle and pistol that you could potentially legally buy today. You are 100% sure you were going to be involved in a ground war (could be urban or open field). Ammunition and magazines are a non issue. What rifle and pistol would you bring?

I would choose a Russian AK-103 Style AK 47 Rifle, and a Glock 21 (.45 cal)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I wouldn't need the gun store. I would just want to know what weapons the guys around me were taking and what the enemy was carrying. And choose accordingly for the best chance of picking up parts and ammo on the run.

SAR-1 7.62x39 or
AR15 M4 .223

Glock17 9mm or
Colt 1911 45ACP

If I had no info to go on...

AR15 with Eotech and BUIS.
G17 with Lasermax and night sights.

TA

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I know AR's do a bit more damage. But, i feel comfortable with the PS90 - that's why I didn't buy an AR earlier this year.

I have the 2 guns I'd use right now. Wouldn't needa head down to the gun store either.

PS90 with the 9 mags I have, and my P99 A/S.

Now, if there is a class 3 dealer around with a P90 dealer sample, then I'm headed down there :shock:

·
Registered
636 Posts
if it were a class 3 dealer then well thats different a MK48 MOD 0 and a glock 18 with lots of 33rd clips.....

but i guess my M4 and my S&W m&P 40 cal

·
Registered
980 Posts
Springfield Armory Photo

w 1 - 4x optics

and FN USG

plus armor, night vision, and a good crew

that is, if for whatever reason ammo were no issue
Most people would probably be using ARs
It would be nice to pick up one of those new AUGs for this purpose.
I guess if I had to leave tonight I would take my FS2000. But it would be hard to leave the FAL. I'm a .308 guy.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'd go AR-10 carbine..

and

Sig Sauer P226 9mm

·
Registered
134 Posts
Robinson M96 Recon Carbine and a Ruger P89DS. I'd also be carrying an Ithaca M37 eight shot in a back scabbard. Rule #1: never leave home without a shotgun.

·
Registered
262 Posts
HK 416 with Aimpoint and HK USP 45. Go strong or don't go at all.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hard Decision...

M82A1: Nice idea, but way too heavy. Probably something to think about, when u have a vehicle at hand.

AR Style: Would never touch them for real threat situations.

My Choice would really depend on the enemy, and what area the fighting would be in. There are several things to consider, and I wouldn't want to pick the wrong stuff.

So:

Primary Weapon: SIG 550 with EOTech and Grenade Launcher / M700 .300WinMag

Secondary Weapon: Springfield P9 9mm / Colt 1911

Randon stuff on Vest, Belt and in Backpack: Short Remington 870, long knife, some Grenades, Spotting Scope, Smoke Grenades, C4 and Radio controlled Primers (if availiable), Tools to get a gun fixed.

Stuff in a car / stash: RPG7 Launcher, and some Grenades, more C4, probably the Barrett, Food, Medical Supplies, Batteries, Clothing, and so on...

There is so much to think about, and I really think the other stuff you would need, is way more important, than to select the right gun.

Reaper

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
What kind of flippin gunshops do you have over there!!!???? :D

TA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, most of the stuff is already in my collection (ok, except the C4), so I would only have to go into my small Gunroom. If I need something else, I know where the smaller depots of the swiss Army are, and there would be everything I need. Small and large Claymores, C4 equivalent Explosives, Primers, Handgrenades, Detcord, Bazookas (Swiss Panzerfaust IV, probably the best you could get), and all the other fun stuff.

·
Registered
205 Posts
We have some nice laws, and some stupid ones.

One of the really nice ones, is, that every weapon, for which you don't get ammunition on the regular civil market, is completely legal, and excepted from gunlaws. Meaning, that, if I can't buy 20mm Ammunition, I can own any 20mm weapon without any restrictions.

Also, there is a definition in the Swiss gunlaw, that clearly tells me, that anything with a caliber greater than 20mm is a cannon, and no gun. I can legally own any cannon, as long as there is no ammunition available.

That means, that I can buy myself a GAU-8A, if I want, and there would be no restrictions on doing so. Not even paper war :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts