FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the 20 inch barrel. Came with the bipod. I had an extra 3-12 scope in the closet.

Figure I'll start with this and see what needs to change. Excited to try it out.

This is definitely the least amount of research I've done before buying a gun, but got it from a well known place in Houston. I feel like it's a good sign when the gun smith goes out of his way to tell you that he never gets to work on them bc they never break.

Tire Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Asphalt

Countertop Couch Table Cabinetry Wood

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I like my 20 inch heavy but it kicks like an absolute mule with M80. More than I expect it to every time I take it out.
Then you need to look at adjusting your gas setting to keep the bolt from slamming back into the reciever. I have shot loads all the way up to the point of primer flattening and flowing without a harsh recoil. My guess is you need to turn down your gas. The good thing with the FNAR is that it is done with a screw under the handguard, and there is no need to purchase different gas ports. Usually I would use my lowest power ammo to set it, but if you are using M80 as your primary ammo with acceptable accuracy, then use that. I found the accuracy potential in my FNAR did not come out until I started handloading for it. Federal GMM was close, but fine tuning using the same 168gr bullets worked wonders. .75-1.0 MOA is pretty easy to achieve with the FNAR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts