FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find a thread so I wasn't double posting, but no dice. My wife has been asking a lot of questions about guns lately and wanting to get more into it. The other day, she decided she wanted to start carrying my Glock 23. Not a big deal to me, as I'm not super thrilled with it. However, this was the gun that I typically ran with. Her brother gave me a Fobus holster for it, and I must admit i'm thrilled with how it performed. It's a paddle holster - OWB, made of Kydex. I have no problem drawing from gym shorts with it on (which is huge), and I just run with a longer shirt. So I ordered the FOBUS holster for the Sig 250/FNP. It's not an exact mold like the Glock is, but it does fit my FNS just fine. I had to loosen the retention screw all the way out for it to fit. I'm pleased, and on the newer models they added a rubber pad on the paddle, so it won't slide around on your waistband as much. For $30 (on amazon), it was a nice addition to the family.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mainly because I hadn't heard of them. Nice looking site they have. Have you dealt with them? I wouldn't mind getting one for concealment. For runs, I know it's going to get sweaty. I'm in the North Hills too, just moved from Crafton. I'll drop you a PM. I'm curious which FNX45 you picked up and how you like it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My question is how do you run with gym shorts on while carrying?! I'm constantly having to pull my pants up when I carry. No matter how tight my belt is. Maybe there's something wrong with me?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mainly because I hadn't heard of them. Nice looking site they have. Have you dealt with them? I wouldn't mind getting one for concealment. For runs, I know it's going to get sweaty. I'm in the North Hills too, just moved from Crafton. I'll drop you a PM. I'm curious which FNX45 you picked up and how you like it.
i have a gunfighter and i just ordered new ones to go with the inforce apl light i have now. REALLY nice stuff for the $ and quick turn around too. My brother uses one for armed security and one of my buddies who's a fed agent and former blackwater couldn't believe how close it was to a raven concealment holster (his favorite).

super super good value for $. and overall just a really good holster.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LoL I doubt there's anything wrong with you. I'm overweight at the moment, so that may have something to do with it. I also cinch up my gym shorts very tight with the draw strings. It usually does fine, and the shirt I wear is very long, so if it slips a little, it's still not going to show. Another option I've found that works...... my father-in-law gave me a holster that straps around the chest

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just ordered an Old Faithful IWB a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will be delivered shortly looking forward to using it after the positive reviews I have read here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts