FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They were pretty reasonably priced and they arrived in a day or two. They look like a nice way to mount your sling near the factory mount points and they free up rail space. I got a set for both my 16S and 17S.

scarmountfront.jpg
scarmountrear.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed mine on my 16 and 17 also. Anyone having trouble with the sling getting in the way of your cheek weld? I'm using a Blue Force Gear padded sling.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just installed mine on my 16 and 17 also. Anyone having trouble with the sling getting in the way of your cheek weld? I'm using a Blue Force Gear padded sling.
Yes, mine also gets in the way. I just have to manipulate it while I am at the range to make it work.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I actually mentioned that in my review of the PMM mount. The problem is the rear QD mount doesn't rotate freely enough to allow the sling to rotate down.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I just put a set on my 16 and 17. Now I need some range time...

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am using them and they are awesome. They fit great and work quite well. The price is also right on.

Jarod has been great to communicate with as well. I had an issue with a rear mount being defective and he was very responsive.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I installed a set of them a couple weeks ago and I like them a lot. The only thing I don't care for is the sling getting in the way of the cheek weld like a couple guys have said previously.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would definitely buy them again. They are a nice quality product. When I bring the rifle up to a firing position the sling is right by my mouth. It's a little uncomfortable. I have an MS4 sling now but will be getting a padded BFG. I would rather have this QD mount instead of the GG&G just so I don't have to mess with any of the screws on the receiver! But that's just me. I'm thinking about getting the Vltor buttstock too, that we give me another option.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
So how bd is the cheek weld issue? Would you all still buy knowing what you know now?
Not bad, you just adjust the rear swivel to the 5 oclock position instead of the 3 oclock position.

Reactions: Wy4tt

·
Registered
3 Posts
i also have these sling mounts i really like them but prefer to use the butt stock sling loop with a pretty loose loop on it. when using the qd rear mount the sling gets hung up on the bottom of the butt pad when switching to my left shoulder.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hey guys I just finished doing the machining on the ID of my next batch with the standard 8 position locking detents I could rev my part and do 4 half moons inside on the next run. Let me know what you think?
~Jarod.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I would be interested in the 4 half moons. Great product Jarod.
Raider, I'm playing catch up right now while still trying to address some other users want(Left mounts, 360* rotation mounts,and the oval rear lug issue) When I am done with them I can visit the Moon child for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts