FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the call this morning that my PS 90 TR is in. I'm thinking about putting a eotech on it and maybe a laser. Any suggestions on what model eotech? I also want a sling. I was looking at the ERT's as reccomended but I was wondering which one would be best, the one or two point?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Congrats!

I have a 511 Eotech - the one with the N Batteries. They are supposed to last 200 hours, but I wonder if that isn't marketing hype. Maybe that is at the lowest setting. I've had my PS90 about 4 months. My Eotech batteries only lasted 3. I had only made 3 range trips. Admittedly, I played with it around the house. So, there was several on and off times. But AT MOST, I had it on MAYBE 25-30 hours.

Now, it was the batteries that came with the unit. So, maybe my new ones will last longer - we'll see.

The PS90 rail isn't that big - which is why I chose the N battery version. But, I think U should get the 512 - Revision "F" - that model lets U use lithium AA batteries. The claim is up to 1100 hours of use. U probably won't get quite that much - but it is more than the N battery version.

I figured that I'd only have to change my batteries 1x a year - just to play it safe. I'll see if I get longer than a 3 month interval this time.

I've seen others speculate that maybe the Eotech draws a little current all the time - even when off. I wonder about this now.

As for the sling - I have the single point from URBAN ERT, and I love it. He does have a 2 point sling that attaches to the receiver. I would avoid any slings that attach to the barrel. When firing, U don't want anything pushing or pulling on the barrel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eotech on my AR 15

Would that Eotech 512 work on my AR 15? I just ordered one from Rock River Arms on March 5th, it's being custom built. So I should have it in a few weeks.

A

·
0 Posts
When you are finished equiping it, please post a photo so we can see how you customized it.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Re: Eotech on my AR 15

Tacticalguy said:
Would that Eotech 512 work on my AR 15? I just ordered one from Rock River Arms on March 5th, it's being custom built. So I should have it in a few weeks.
Here is my AR15 with a 512AA and an ARMS 40L rear BUIS. They co-witness perfectly.

TA

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like

I'll post some pics of my PS 90 when I get my eotech 512 and a ERT sling. I'm just shopping around looking for the best deal right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts