FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My project is finally done. Here are the pics of a Burris Fast Fire Mini Red-Dot on my Five-seveN. The project wasn't that hard, just a little time consuming but you will definitely need access to a CNC Mill. You also will destroy the front and rear sight in the process as you need their bases to complete the project. If you ever want to revert back to OEM you will need to purchase another rear and front sight. The Fast Fire has a battery life of 4 years while on 24/7 so you could use it for CCW and not worry about loosing the dot.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
43 Posts
:? I like it . Now I know what i'm gonna do with my Doctor now that I have a Holo on the PS-90

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just put another 100 rounds through it and it is a sweet shooter. Even with my tired 53 year old eyes, from a sandbag rest I can consistantly put 5 round groups into 1/4" at 25 yards. Shooting off hand I can consistantly hit 8" steel plates at 100 yards. It was money well spent.

MadDog :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Looks great, like the pic of it holstered.
I was wondering if it would holster fine and it looks like it does.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't remove the sights, I milled them off, however, if you have a sight pusher for the front sight it comes off very easilly. The rear is not that hard to remove by putting the slide in a padded vice and using a brass drift and heavy hammer. Just make sure you do not loose the little spring for the firing pin safety.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
60 Posts
That looks nice! How much was the sight?

I am very curios to see how it will hold its zero with the repeated slide movement. 100 rounds is good. I am assuming you didn't have any zeroing problems

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The sight was $170 delivered from Optics Planet on the internet. It is made to go on various 1911's and 9mm's so there shouldn't be any problem with the lighter recoil of the 5.7 round. I have seen them mounted on 12ga shotguns so you know it is very robust. 100 rounds so far is not much of a test but it is holding zero so far.

MadDog

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My local dealer now has the new 5.7 AAC Suppressor. It is smaller than I thought it would be (5.5") and the diameter matches the diameter of the slide. I HAVE TO GET IT "NOW".

Just can't help myself,
MadDog :shock:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Our gunsmith will do it for $165 plus whatever sight you want to use. Its a little pricey but well worth it. I had him leave on the front sight on mine.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Nicely done! :?

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is totally badass MadDog Dan. This has me wanting to add a red dot of some kind to my FiveseveN. I wonder if it would be possible to add a small picatinny rail on top of the slide to allow the optic to be easily removed. I am really wanting the Docter Optic for my FiveseveN. Dan , you really have me thinking here. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
FNH5-7Owner said:
Ok, just got my patent pending on my direct replace red dot sight mount. This only replaces the rear sight, no milling, I am waiting to hear back from the ATF and from someone who was suppose to get me a price on munufacturing them. Please tell me what you think.
[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7729/coveroffea4.jpg[/img][/url]
Hey , how about an update on this idea of your. Can you put any small red dot sight on this base of yours. Also what feedback do you have regarding stability of the mount? Inquiring minds want to know. :?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts