FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Family gift to my father-in-law who has lusted after a bright Colt Python for many years. 1987 serial, found out after purchase that it left the factory as a non-bright model. Whoever did the polishing did a good job IMO but I ain't no expert.

Paid waaaay too much for it and only noticed the pitting around the chamber mouths after accepting delivery but whaddayagonnado? FIL is ecstatic and that was the whole point.

Got to shoot it today and it was a pleasure. My first experience even touching a Colt Python.

Pics below.

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Beautiful. One of my biggest regrets was not picking up a Python while they were produced.

Reactions: 1KPerDay and LESTER

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful. One of my biggest regrets was not picking up a Python while they were produced.
Yep, and prices are CRAAAAZY. If you really want a laugh, check out asking prices for the 3" Combat Python models.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Damn dude. That's freaking amazing looking. Maybe my eyes are failing me, but I didn't see any major blemishes on that baby. Have fun with that.

Reactions: 1KPerDay

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
1K,

That's an awesome gift and I'm sure your FIL will be very pleased.

Keep up the great work in the kitchen too. My palette is VERY grateful!

-SS

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Sold my brother's for him on GB last year. He got over 3k for it, if I had money to burn I would have bought it. Man, it was sweet!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Beautiful! Very sorry too that I didn't get one in the '70's. Instead, I got a S&W Model 19 which btw, wasn't anything to laugh at. The 629's (I think that was the new model) were just coming out also and I was getting hyped up for one of them, but didn't do it. The Pythons were a little pricey then. Wish I had only known.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Best Revolvers made, imo. I have 2 of them. One that was my fathers duty weapon from the early 70's. and the other one was one I got for my FIL and he regifted it back to me. Sure wish Colt would start making revolvers again like that. I always wanted to get a king cobra and never did.

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
yep, and prices are craaaazy
the colt python was my very first handgun. My father purchased it for me 32 years ago today for my birthday $508.95 and will never leave my collection. When he passed in 1989 i sent it back to colt and had it reblued and since then it has been in the safe. I was lucky enough along the way to pick up a few more pythons and some of the other snake brothers to keep it company.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts