FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts

Here is my Green PS90 with his new friend. I'm waiting on my FREE C-More sight so I'm using a BSA red dot temporarally. :shock:

Now I can have one in each hand! :p 8)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Very nice pic!

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Jonas said:
Sorry guys, but pics with the saftey off just annoy me. Anyone else the same way, or is it just me?
I guess you'll just have to vote for me since all mine have the safety engaged. :?

But to answer your question, I agree. I think the safety should be on unless you plan to shoot the gun right then and there.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Are U talking about the handgun or the rifle. I keep the safety on my PS90 - until I am ready to shoot it. But on any handgun I own, I never leave the safety ON unless it is cocked and locked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Are U talking about the handgun or the rifle. I keep the safety on my PS90 - until I am ready to shoot it. But on any handgun I own, I never leave the safety ON unless it is cocked and locked.
Any gun but, mainly with the FiveseveN b/c that red dot really jumps out and says "hey everyone, i'm ready to shoot".

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well - everyone I know does not keep the safety on a handgun activated. If I need the gun, I may be lucky to just get it out.

Back when I was super into 1911s, the practice of deactivating the safety was second nature. Now, it is not. That's why I no longer keep my USPc cocked and locked.

My main gun is my P99, and that doesn't even have a safety. So, my Five Seven with the safety off is no less safe than it.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
May I make a suggestion?

1. Do not use flash - natural lighting only
2. Do the shots outside (preferably under semi cloudy conditions)
3. Do not place your wares on the kitchen floor or counter or sofa
4. Do not take shots of people shooting (cause you can't really see the gun)

5. Study some Ichiro Nagata shots

I will take some shots for this competition to see how I fare against you guys.

There are some nice pics though :?

-TH

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Thes are the type of pics I'm trying to learn to do. No flash, in a "light box", 60mm or 105mm prime lens, tripod, using a timer or computer shutter release so you are not touching the camera, manual focus, good camera equipment, pic size set to "RAW", small aperature for deep depth of field, touched up using Photoshop, and lots of patience.

Dr Lunde is the man. He is one of the software writers for Adobe and has worked on code for Photoshop and other parts of tyhe CS software.

http://lundestudio.com/firearms.html

Here is an example but keep in mind that going through photobucket the pic loses resolution and focus. Go to the above site to se the images clearly. Sorry, no FN's. Maybe I can fix that... :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.